Social Engineering Tool Kit

Skorpinok Rover

Hello,

I ran a social engineering tool kit(BT5) & chose sphere -phishing attack- Perform a Mass Email Attack-payloads-Windows Reverse TCP Shell,E-Mail Attack Single Email Address-Do you want to setup a listener yes or no: yes ...., after i sent this mail to victim with payload & when victim opens pdf file there is no response in msf exploit(handler)> why this happens? the victim lives in another country & he's been informed about this test. i have a shared internet connection.

does this work only with LAN? plz suggest me if you have any idea.

regards.

Hello,

I ran a social engineering tool kit(BT5) & chose sphere -phishing attack- Perform a Mass Email Attack-payloads-Windows Reverse TCP Shell,E-Mail Attack Single Email Address-Do you want to setup a listener yes or no: yes ...., after i sent this mail to victim with payload & when victim opens pdf file there is no response in msf exploit(handler)> why this happens? the victim lives in another country & he's been informed about this test. i have a shared internet connection.

does this work only with LAN? plz suggest me if you have any idea.

regards.

Best to ask that question on the backtrack forums as they would be able to help you better, but there are many things that can go wrong, IE Firewalls isp blocking connections misconfiguration in bt5 etc... or you could go check out the SET site. sorry i couldn't help more.

Best to ask that question on the backtrack forums as they would be able to help you better, but there are many things that can go wrong, IE Firewalls isp blocking connections misconfiguration in bt5 etc... or you could go check out the SET site. sorry i couldn't help more.

I agree.

Best way is to set up a VM machine purely to be the 'victim' of your attack on a local network.(I have seperate wifi connection, only for testing)

Then scale from there. A lot of the attacks in SET are targeted at machines with older OS's.

Learn to play with Metasploit, starting with Armitage to see different attacks and how to write your own (easy).

Then, you can perform tests over the internet as your confidence grows.

I don't know if you have done this part, but since its a reverse connection, you will need to enable port forwarding on your router or the connection will fail to establish.