Nessus Vulnerability Scan

Skorpinok Rover

Hello

I use backtrack 5 on Vmware , i ran a nessus vulnerability scan using safe check on an external ip address,the ip belonged to another country, the scan results were good,i would like to know whether my ip gonna be traced by target? or will the target come to about this ?

Regards.

/facepalm... better move to canada, and if you already live in canada, move to the netherlands, find a rock, and hide behind it.

Edited by digip

/facepalm... better move to canada, and if you already live in canada, move to the netherlands, find a rock, and hide behind it.

No shit, you crack me up with your comments sometimes. AHAHAHAH

Hello

I use backtrack 5 on Vmware , i ran a nessus vulnerability scan using safe check on an external ip address,the ip belonged to another country, the scan results were good,i would like to know whether my ip gonna be traced by target? or will the target come to about this ?

Regards.

If you didn't take the proper measure to hide yourself, your IP could be at risk. But it depends on the severity of the situation, did you do more than just a vulnerability scanning on the target system. Also we don't know how the target is configured, does it have an IDS (intrusion detection system) to alert the system administrator, that someone was performing a vulnerability scanning.

In the future, try covering up yourself first, because carrying out activities that is illegal, could get you canned. Everything you do on the internet can be traced back to you, so its very important to plan beforehand.

Edited by Infiltrator