Tor Help

NuntiusNecis

Hey guys,

today I downloaded the new Tor-Browser-Bundle on my Mac-OS-X (10.6.8)

While going on the internet through Tor, the program its self works fine, and it gives

me the confirmation, that everything worked out fine. I can also access Sites from the open web

like yahoo, msn, etc..

Now my problem: As soon, as I want to access Deep Web (Onion) Sites, the Tor browser just loads a long time

and than says connection timeout. I already tried reinstalling and refreshing. Both didn't work. Than I changed

the time on my laptop (The log told me so), but that didn't work either.

I attached the Message Log. Everything worked fine when I was still in Canada, but since I am in Germany I get

this same error all the time.

Hope you guys can help me,

Nuntius

post-39219-0-01540500-1332288989_thumb.j

Could that onion site be down, or even blocking you. Is it an open Onion site, or does it require specific aloud exit nodes? How do you know you have the correct address?

This is the address I use for accessing the deep web through TOR, but for some reason I can't access it either. I'd say it must be down

kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion

Edited by Infiltrator

Hey,

thanks for your answers.

Could that onion site be down, or even blocking you. Is it an open Onion site, or does it require specific aloud exit nodes? How do you know you have the correct address?

-I can't really answer your questions. Of course the site could be down, but for such an amount of time? I have no Idea about the exit nodes at all. I don't think that the site is blocking me, because none of the sites work for me. I am pretty sure, that I am using the up to date addresses (I already checked the Internet like 5times)

This is the address I use for accessing the deep web through TOR, but for some reason I can't access it either. I'd say it must be down

Maybe you have the same problem that I do?

Regards

Nuntius

Maybe you have the same problem that I do?

Funny you say that, because I never had problems accessing the deep web before, today is the first time it happens to me.

Edited by Infiltrator

Funny you say that, because I never had problems accessing the deep web before, today is the first time it happens to me.

I never had problem accessing the deep web either. Since a few days I am back in Germany though,

and it doesn't work. Tor works and tells me, that it connects fine and I can access normal websites through Thor. It is just, that

the deep web seems to be offline.

Maybe they released a new update for TOR, and now these sites can't be reached, because they are on an older version of TOR, or vice versa. Or, they just are down, and not reachable at this time. I don't know how Onion sites work, but I imagine they could have rules setup to only allow certain exit nodes too, or certain countries of origin, which they could get from the exit node IP.

Maybe they released a new update for TOR, and now these sites can't be reached, because they are on an older version of TOR, or vice versa. Or, they just are down, and not reachable at this time. I don't know how Onion sites work, but I imagine they could have rules setup to only allow certain exit nodes too, or certain countries of origin, which they could get from the exit node IP.

I already tried the older versions of the Tor-Bundle, but that didn't work either.

I already tried the older versions of the Tor-Bundle, but that didn't work either.

Are there other .onion sites you can reach, or no .onion sites work at all? I tried via tor2web proxy and it couldn't reach it either.

Edited by digip