Konboot 1.1

royston

Kon boot 1.1 doe not work with windows 8, Also when using kon boot 1.1 on windows7 when opening oulook it asks for passwords for every account ! am I doing something wrong ?

I think the credential manager that stores usernames and passwords is secured with the users account password, so credential manager may not be accessible when using Konboot.

as teff said as they are stored differently. i am working/testing konboot at the moment. there are lots of password retrieval programs that will extract passwords from outlook and also passwords saved in browser cache. will have a play and see if i can run these when logged in with konboot. remember though the beauty of konboot is its stealth and it leaves no trace of ever being run. running password retrieval software will certainly leave behind foot prints. ;)

phabian

as teff said as they are stored differently. i am working/testing konboot at the moment. there are lots of password retrieval programs that will extract passwords from outlook and also passwords saved in browser cache. will have a play and see if i can run these when logged in with konboot. remember though the beauty of konboot is its stealth and it leaves no trace of ever being run. running password retrieval software will certainly leave behind foot prints. ;)

phabian

You are quite correct in everything you state, I must admit that I would never use the software to "spy" on a persons p.c it is just that I noticed the email problem as i was playing with it (the software), I am often asked to get into a machine that an owner has forgotten the password for or that the "kids" have inadvertantly added a password to the machine. Some of the software that I use can often have devastating results, I must say though that konboot is pretty slick, Obviously microsoft are aware of konboot and have made sure that it will not work on windows 8, When trying a dialouge box states that windows is attempting a repair! and it just sits there for hours doing nothing much at all.

A quick update for konboot, Called out to a friend who had problem laptop, on boot he got to screen that offers boot as normal: safe boot etc, but just froze there. would not allow a choice just froze up. I inserted the konboot disk and booted from that, Wala it booted the laptop and after shutdown it boots up perfect !!! another use for konboot it seems. I thought i would sjare that with you all.

• 1 month later...

from what I understand it creates its own SAM DB so any changes you do dont get saved last time I checked ... if you have admin just run mimikatz ... also included in masspwdumper.exe

04/12/2012 - masspwdumper.exe

This is a pack/script to run a suite of password/cached credentials utility. You get anything from saved internet cookies to plain text passwords to network/local resources !

* DISABLE UAC FIREWALL AND AV for best results

* YOU NEED TO HAVE GUI FOR MPR Multi Password Recover.exe,Password Recovery Bundle.exe and sometimes some of the carrot.exe options /ieco /ff   

INCLUDES:

* mimikatz ( DUMP CLEAR TEXT PASSWORDS ! )

* MPR Multi Password Recover.exe  ( GUI tool )

* Password Recovery Bundle.exe ( GUI tool )

* fgdump.exe ( Dump password hash )

* carrot.exe ( Suite of tools most of them are nirsoft.net )

https://dl.dropbox.com/sh/llw7unn0hlptigj/aC5YSuyosX/masspwdumper.exe?dl=1

• 7 months later...