New Mk4 And Need Alittle Help.

clipse

So I got a Pineapple MkIV and I am having a few difficulties. First thing I did when I got it was update it 1.02. I have it hooked up to my laptop via ethernet. I can connect to the pineapple hotspot and access the internet just fine. If I set my phone, tablet and other laptop to disassociate with the local wifi I expected them to connect to the pineapple automatically. Maybe I missed something. I will go back and watch the episodes but I thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks for the help.

Nate

So I got a Pineapple MkIV and I am having a few difficulties. First thing I did when I got it was update it 1.02. I have it hooked up to my laptop via ethernet. I can connect to the pineapple hotspot and access the internet just fine. If I set my phone, tablet and other laptop to disassociate with the local wifi I expected them to connect to the pineapple automatically. Maybe I missed something. I will go back and watch the episodes but I thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks for the help.

Nate

I've experienced on android phones that if on my home wifi and turn off wifi then back on it will still only connect to my home network.

but if I connect to a fake network "pineapple" then do the same as above it connects to the pineapple again it seems to try the last connection first.

It might take a flood of deauth packets to force android devices and others to make them switch.

I've experienced on android phones that if on my home wifi and turn off wifi then back on it will still only connect to my home network.

but if I connect to a fake network "pineapple" then do the same as above it connects to the pineapple again it seems to try the last connection first.

It might take a flood of deauth packets to force android devices and others to make them switch.

Operating systems all handle the issuing of probe requests differently. They also might have a rule set on which APs have higher priority like petertfm noted above. Not only that, but pc manufacturers sometimes add their own software to control the onboard radios (lenovo and sony is what I have at hand and both do this) which also can control and change the behavior of probe requests. On top of all that, a lot of road warriors (likely pineapple targets) have usb 3g air cards that require their own software that oftentimes takes over control of the wifi. So yeah, you can have varying results based on all these factors.

The way to increase your chances is to nuke all the APs around you with airdrop-ng or aireplay-ng -0 ...works like a charm :)

Happy pineappling!

telot

Tap and hold, then click disconnect. That's how it works on my Moto and Samsung.

Ok, so I got the devices connecting fine. Now I turned on urlsnarf, browsed a little bit. But, I don't see where the log for that is. I wastch the wifi pineapple episode with the MKIII and it looked like it was right out in front on the main page. However mine is not. Ideas?

thanks again