1st Time On Mark Iv

SocialJT

I will mention what was mentioned to me. watch as many of the episodes and hack tips as you can that reference the pineapple. keeping in mind most of the vids are of the markIII. read the wiki and start digging in the forums. try not to be like me and post things that have already been posted a million other times because people dont like to search/look for the answers, but I will assure you that with a little diligence you will find most all the answers you need here in the forums.

:)

I am on Firmware 1.0.2 and I turn on URL snarf but I do not see the tab that shows me this task. Can someone tell me what is going on. Also I cannot find DNS spoof to edit pages

Its exactly as blu3nowh3r3 said. I just got my Mark IV days ago and actually just registered today. Theres a wealth of information out there and a little effort needs to be put in to get things to work to the way you want... Trust me I'm just as lost as you... ;p Here comes many sleepless nights of trolling through info. **sigh** At the moment I'm even struggling just to get ssh to work! lol Right back to work.. Good luck man! Maybe in a few weeks/months I will be able to give advice... :)

Did you guys receive the quick start guides? They give you everything you could ever need to know to get your pineapple connected to the internet (ICS) and answering probe requests (karma). That is the most basic form of a running pineapple. Its fine for most - but if you want more, you have to learn how all the pieces fit together. I know, I know, the mark4 has a LOT of buttons and they all look great to push, but most of them don't work right off the bat. The SSH tab on the mark4 interface is for reverse tunneling to a server you already have running - the 3G tab requires a usb dongle - the DNS Spoofing requires you to write up fake webpages or load up some rick rolling files and modify the config...THERES A LOT TO IT is what I'm getting at. I feel for Darren having to make a quick start guide, because when he markets the thing, he has to sell it on all of its potential functionality...but the thing is all that functionality is so specific to how YOU want it. So for better or worse, you have to make it happen by hacking it.

Thankfully you're not alone. You have access to a wealth of knowledge right here on the forums. We've already talked through, or are in the process of talking through how to get all those snappy buttons working - but its a lot of work. If you care to help with the cause, start hacking and post your progress/thoughts/how-tos/questions..we could use all the help we can get!

telot

I like how Telot Put it

but another thing I love is self discovery of how things work and making my own creations as well as sharing and using others knowledge It's awesome.

the best part about finding and trying is you know enough to figure any problems that may come your way.

That is extremely well put, telot. It took me a week to get the weak-ass grasp I have on the thing. I ssh'd into it and that's when the magic started. Best playground I've been around. Couple this gadget w/ bt5 and a few xtra's

and it's over.

and set up camp here in the forums....

thanks guys I am running it now and I am going to research more on this and make these things work. I will post information on the forums as I go I love this pineapple and I am going to figure it out thanks and I wish everyone luck as well