Karma Log's Gone From Web Ui.

niggizito

Hello community,

I was playing today with Mark iv and all of a sudden karma log stopped being shown up in the Web UI. Instead I start getting the following pop ups quite repeatedly: Error! Request status is 0.

I tailed /tmp/karma.log and I see the activity. But as I say, nothing is displayed in Web UI.

Here is my setup and all relevant info:

1. Mark IV

2. Pineapple Version: 1.0.2

3. OS to connect: Backtrack5R2 Gnome (BT5R2)

4. Network layout: eth0 of BT5R2 has IP 172.16.42.42/24.

5. Mark's IP is default: 172.16.42.1/24

6.Tools/options that are/were running when the issue happened: well, I plugged my Huawei E160 to see if it's recognized. It was but since then the logs stopped to get fired to Web UI.

7. Ping results are obvious: I ping Mark from BT5 and vice versa.

8. I tried to pause and resume logging through the pineapple control center with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Nik

Niggizito,

What does a reboot achieve? Anything?

Could you ssh in and execute "cat /tmp/karma.log" with karma turned on and at least one client connected?

If a reboot doesn't help and the above command shows a blank file, please use the upgrade ui to reflash 1.0.2.

Best,

Sebkinne

Niggizito,

What does a reboot achieve? Anything?

Could you ssh in and execute "cat /tmp/karma.log" with karma turned on and at least one client connected?

If a reboot doesn't help and the above command shows a blank file, please use the upgrade ui to reflash 1.0.2.

Best,

Sebkinne

Sebkinne,

I rebooted numerous times with no help. I just found this thing: I was using Firefox since the very start. Then I tried Konqueror web browser and this one shows everything! And as I saied yes, karma.log is increasing and I see activity in it.

But still Firefox stopped showing up the logs.BTW, Firefox is 10.0.2 and Konqueror is 4.5.3.

I'm going to reflash 1.0.2 and will repost the results briefly.

Thank you!

Sebkinne,

I rebooted numerous times with no help. I just found this thing: I was using Firefox since the very start. Then I tried Konqueror web browser and this one shows everything! And as I saied yes, karma.log is increasing and I see activity in it.

But still Firefox stopped showing up the logs.BTW, Firefox is 10.0.2 and Konqueror is 4.5.3.

I'm going to reflash 1.0.2 and will repost the results briefly.

Thank you!

Sebkinne,

I reflashed from scratch v. 1.0.2 and the problem still persists on my Backtrack5: no karma log in Firefox 10.0.2 web ui. But it does show up in Konqueror.

Weird?

Edited by niggizito

Sebkinne,

I reflashed from scratch v. 1.0.2 and the problem still persists on my Backtrack5: no karma log in Firefox 10.0.2 web ui. But it does show up in Konqueror.

Weird?

Try disabling no script in firefox, which is on by default and will prevent the status page from updating. Let me know if that works for ya!

telot

Try disabling no script in firefox, which is on by default and will prevent the status page from updating. Let me know if that works for ya!

telot

Telot,

Tried that. Disabled the script globally and still no luck. Maybe it's my laptop? I'll try from my home machine tonight and will report back.

Thank you.

Telot,

Tried that. Disabled the script globally and still no luck. Maybe it's my laptop? I'll try from my home machine tonight and will report back.

Thank you.

Do you mean Enable the script globally? Because thats what you want to do :)

Disable no script all together (so its not blocking scripts) or Enable Scripts (so that NoScript is still running, but allowing scripts to run on 172.16.42.1).

telot

what about clearing the cache/settings, I have never run into anything like this but I have firefox clear everything when i close.

Sebkinne, telot and petertfm,

Thank you all for your help. This issue is not repeated in my home Backtrack. However this time I run KDE. Really, can't say what's wrong with my work laptop. But it looks like it works just fine.

Feeling a bit embarrassed for this stupid question.

Thank you again.

Nik