My Breifcase Wifi Pineapple Rig

slimjames

This is my version of a nice set up. As soon as i get time i will upload more pictures if anybody is interested. ON BOARD = 7.5 amp battery, 100 watt power inverter, Padded spots for computer and wifi pineapple, and a power hookup for wifi pineapple. And all this fits in a nice briefcase. If anyone else has any other good ideas let me know.

post-39097-0-50019000-1331413201_thumb.j

post-39097-0-85050400-1331413208_thumb.j

post-39097-0-70752600-1331413214_thumb.j

I wouldn't suggest walking through an airport with that thing or near any federal buildings. Just from a scan of the case they might suspect it as a bomb.

This is my version of a nice set up. As soon as i get time i will upload more pictures if anybody is interested. ON BOARD = 7.5 amp battery, 100 watt power inverter, Padded spots for computer and wifi pineapple, and a power hookup for wifi pineapple. And all this fits in a nice briefcase. If anyone else has any other good ideas let me know.

nice,

i was thinking to do something simular with antennas and on/off button on the outside, i have this old laptop briefcase im going to use...

A433B414-89BC-464A-849E-8BBCF6A7CB37.JPG

what battery are you using??

That looks like a 12 volt or 6 volt 7.5ah sealed lead acid battery.

Do you have any issuses with the battery? I am currently using a 6 volt version to power my pineapple stuff and was wondering if theres going to an explosion or something.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't suggest walking through an airport with that thing or near any federal buildings. Just from a scan of the case they might suspect it as a bomb.

I've taken stuff that looks more suspect on x-ray through airports when flying internationally. Almost never got a second look.

Aha damn you, been looking at doing this for a while!

5* great work man!

EDIT: Heres the setup I was going for, with the pineapple in one of the pouches at the top (sorry for bad quality) and was considering a battery behind the netbook to power the CD Drive?

485779_442660122426547_100000476901694_1687566_417806516_n.jpg

I'd get rid of the CD drive and use a thumb drive.

Nice, looks better than mine did

http://hackaday.com/2011/06/12/a-suitcase-for-all-your-wardriving-needs/

It was actually really nice, but we didn't have linux installed on the unit when hackaday featured it so we got a shit-ton of crap for it

Very nice, and once the antennas are mounted you can put food in that container!! :P

In response to digip, I wonder if having devices like this is considered illegal. I know in some places it is considered illegal to have cloned copies of webpages.

It really depends on what you're doing with it, in the US anyway.

In response to digip, I wonder if having devices like this is considered illegal. I know in some places it is considered illegal to have cloned copies of webpages.

If the equipment was up and running and he got caught intercepting personal traffic, maybe, but for the most part, running your own access point, is not illegal. If others connect to you, and its open wifi and your network, probably not, but at an airport, if you did any sort of phishing, MITM/cloning/redirecting other peoples traffic might be if it was used to steal personal info. I think it depends on what is done with it, but by itself, off, should not cause any trouble other than TSA maybe having you anal probed and a record created to check you every time you come through one of their airports.

I'm not a lawyer, so this is all speculation. Every jurisdiction has its own laws in the US and around the world, and even in the US, it changes state by state, not consistent on a Federal level, so if you think by any chance it could get you in trouble, use your head, and avoid the potential conflict. Even if the law is on your side, that won't stop TSA from giving you a hard time, or even confiscating your equipment, by which they would probably have it dismantled for inspection, and give it back to you in pieces.

Edited by digip

Yeah, I personally don't do much pineapple style stuff but I guess it'd be good practice that if you do, you probably shouldn't keep copies of cloned pages on the drive unless they're being actively used. In the near future, I think at airports around the globe they're going to start doing more hard drive checks and not many legit purposes for a cloned page.

Edited by bobbyb1980

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, saw the post here and thought I would share what I have been using. I had an entire cabinet full of cables and other junk so put it to good use.

not the best way of doing it but didnt have to buy anything extra parts. all of the cables were either in the drawer or came originally with the anker chargers.

still testing the battery life on the setup. It stayed on for at least 5 hours while I played around on it. The batteries had 2/4 lights on 1 and 4/4 lights on 2. The anker batteries run warm, but the snow lizzard dont really warm up at all.

2 anker battery packs

2 snow lizzard battery packs

usb hub

usb squid hub

sandisk micro usb

rp-sma extender for the larger antenna

briefcase

might go get some better cables to make it a little more tidy, anyone got any suggestions?

post-40165-0-84227700-1342734701_thumb.j

post-40165-0-60035900-1342734706_thumb.j

post-40165-0-77133100-1342734712_thumb.j

Edited by korak

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, saw the post here and thought I would share what I have been using. I had an entire cabinet full of cables and other junk so put it to good use.

not the best way of doing it but didnt have to buy anything extra parts. all of the cables were either in the drawer or came originally with the anker chargers.

still testing the battery life on the setup. It stayed on for at least 5 hours while I played around on it. The batteries had 2/4 lights on 1 and 4/4 lights on 2. The anker batteries run warm, but the snow lizzard dont really warm up at all.

2 anker battery packs

usb hub

usb squid hub

sandisk micro usb

briefcase

might go get some better cables to make it a little more tidy, anyone got any suggestions?

Legend... (wait for it).... dairy!!!

That setup is legendary lol

May I suggest a Raspberry Pi connected to the pineapple... sharing internet via ethernet and running pwnpi... Throw a little airdrop-ng in the mix...

Other than that you are my idol !!!!!

My setup will be a little less epic incorporating a lunch box instead of a briefcase... only 1 Anker for me lol

Edited by Neworld

Legend... (wait for it).... dairy!!!

That setup is legendary lol

May I suggest a Raspberry Pi connected to the pineapple... sharing internet via ethernet and running pwnpi... Throw a little airdrop-ng in the mix...

Other than that you are my idol !!!!!

My setup will be a little less epic incorporating a lunch box instead of a briefcase... only 1 Anker for me lol

"and i hope your not lactose intolerant"

in any case i have a great case for this, bit bigger then a lunchbox but much smaller then a briefcase, was made for a psp so has some perfectly sized built in compartments for a pineapple, raspberry pi, and a small usb external hdd/usb battery pack. wouldnt have much practical use for it, but the case is otherwise garbage, so i think thats my new project.

2 anker battery packs

usb hub

usb squid hub

sandisk micro usb

briefcase

Thanks for the new inspiration for my rig. Now I feel unprofessional with my backpack. Tried going through airport security with that thing, yet? I would love to see the security detai's faces.

• 2 weeks later...

If possible I'd lose the inverter - they are incredibly inefficient. Everything ends up having to be converted back to DC again, so going from DC -> AC -> DC generates quite a bit of heat. Instead opt for a DC-DC converter. A switching one will also do good for battery life if there's a wide gap (Converting 12V to 5V for example). You can find universal DC adapters at plenty of discount and retail stores, but chances are they're linear. If you're good with a soldering iron you can whip up a very nice supply on a bit of perfboard and some small switching power regulators fairly easily, but even linear regulators would be better than an inverter.

Also, from what I've read about taking these to the airport, it should be no problem carrying a sealed lead-acid battery on board (they'd rather spare batteries of any type be in the cabin rather than in cargo, since fire extinguishers are at hand). Just follow the recommendations at http://safetravel.do..._batteries.html and tips at http://safetravel.dot.gov/tips.html — namely keeping them installed in your project or taping or otherwise protecting the terminals, putting the battery in a plastic bag for good measure. The TSA, believe it or not, does know how to spot the difference between an explosive device and an UL certified battery, and often have the appropriate equipment to check for actual explosives. Just don't opt for a DIY battery pack any time soon. I'd also stay away from any battery with lithium chemistry, however there are specific TSA restrictions to carrying them on board (no more than 25g equivilent lithium content). If you suspect you'll run into trouble, print the above links and carry them to show someone if asked. Bottom line is don't make it look remotely dangerous to anyone, and security shouldn't as much as blink an eye.

I am also in possession of a very nice aluminium brief case that I was interested in building a ruggedized laptop into, but this might be a far more interesting application :P

Edited by redxine

• 3 weeks later...

Great rigs guys! It's a shame the Huawei E585 can't be turned into a wifi pineapple controlled and viewed by an android device, could be worn on a belt(Not so obvious to the people around).

I really do like these rigs, keep up the good work guys.

• 1 month later...

So I did make it through airport security... took them an hour and scanned it 4 or 5 times with 2 people going through and asking questions about the stuff. Final thoughts from the tsa guy was if you dont want to sit here for an hour every time put it in your suitcase and not a carry on. So I packed it in my suitcase next trip and no problems :). Definitly thankful for not having to sit in the detaining room. Working on a couple more random hiding projects. trying solar panels made into a box also trying to mod a laptop power adapter to hold and power the pineapple(got a few large adapter blocks lol).

as for pwnpi, i will be playing some more with the raspberry but havent had much time. just about everything that is in pwnpi can be made to work on the pineapple. Only problems I have run into are tcpdump and sqlmap I have to make sure I am not running other things while doing those.

Hope to see everyones projects!