Wifi Pineapple_xp

condor

I just stopped with windows @ xp, so my netbook is running that. It's a dual boot w/ bt5 r.1 and I have no issues with pineapple using it.

But apparently ICS in XP forces eth0 to use 192.168.1.1 and all I get is a warning message regarding this mandatory setting. So my question to yall is:

Does anyone know about this? Possible reg setting I can change?

Just curious. As mentioned earlier, I use *nix just fine, but (like many of you, I'm sure) I just can't stand it when I don't understand something, and will go about collecting data furiously until comprehension arrives.

I just stopped with windows @ xp, so my netbook is running that. It's a dual boot w/ bt5 r.1 and I have no issues with pineapple using it.

But apparently ICS in XP forces eth0 to use 192.168.1.1 and all I get is a warning message regarding this mandatory setting. So my question to yall is:

Does anyone know about this? Possible reg setting I can change?

Just curious. As mentioned earlier, I use *nix just fine, but (like many of you, I'm sure) I just can't stand it when I don't understand something, and will go about collecting data furiously until comprehension arrives.

Just change the pineapple's ip addresses. Mac OS Lion does the same thing with it's ICS.

Condor,

You can indeed change the pineapple's IP address. Please make sure you are on version 1.0.1 or above though.

We have had many people loose access to their device because they have a faulty config - it happens to the best.

With 1.0.1 and above you can use the reset button to get the old config back.

I do have to say, I believe that I have changed the IP on both windows and osx which ICS was active. There was some trick to it but it works.

Best,

Sebkinne

You are most helpful, Seb. I'll try this out today. Still gotta upgrade to 1.01. I have been 'trolling this hak5 site for a few months now, and I would just dig meeting some of you.

a bit off topic, but peep this pwnt client captured while I was at work:post-39032-0-27401000-1331217324_thumb.j

Edited by condor

My assumption is that it's the interface that feeds the video_cameras installed @ traffic lights. Which would still be pretty sweet to get into.

I'll keep my eyes(err monitors) open and fixed on that mac addy....

TRAFFICLT4 (Traffic Light 4)

Oh I really hope that is someone with a sense of humor or using that as a security measure to deter the stupid people.

Probably not from what I've walked into... <_< Though it could be an "open" network, with a radius server after connection.

My assumption is that it's the interface that feeds the video_cameras installed @ traffic lights. Which would still be pretty sweet to get into.

I'll keep my eyes(err monitors) open and fixed on that mac addy....

Search Wigle.

Edited by barry99705

Probably not from what I've walked into... <_< Though it could be an "open" network, with a radius server after connection.

Search Wigle.

I'll have to snap a screenshot, but I have a similar situation where I end up pwning the local bus transit system's connections when I setup at home, as there is apparently some wifi connectivity going on which connects their bus stop terminals. :)

<placeholder for later snapshot add>