Newest Airdrop-ng Problems On Bt5 R2

PineDominator

I am having problems with airdrop-ng on the newest backtrack It was so hard to get installed lorcon2 was not that easy to install and the folder where the old airdrop-ng installers are don't seem to work anymore.

anyways after a bit of fussing and a oui.txt problem It seems to run now BUT after one or two minutes my alfa wifi cards stop working and I know because if i stop everything "airodump-ng and airdrop-ng"

and start airodump-ng no ap's are found. Plus after running airdrop-ng it makes it's own monitor interface from mon0 called mon0mon? WTF

also the alfa card that i use and everyone on here use, when airodump-ng scans a hidden ssid it shows the channel as being anywhere from 1 to 160? and when airdrop-ng encounters that it troughs a ton of errors.

would be nice if airdrop-ng would check the channel before deauthing

I know mubix is one of the developers and I hope some of these bugs can be fixed and an installer included.

If anyone has a way to make airdrop-ng work better please help me out:-) or even a tutorial on installing the latest version?

it seems airdrop-ng does not need the old pylorcon as it is not in the README file.

here is the cammand that works great for me when using mdk3

mdk3 mon0 d -w /root/Desktop/pineapple-mac.txt

-w is the mac white list file.

place the mac of the pineapple in the text file, one thing i noticed is mdk3 does not check for clients only AP's witch is good for what I need anyways:-D

here is the cammand that works great for me when using mdk3

mdk3 mon0 d -w /root/Desktop/pineapple-mac.txt

-w is the mac white list file.

place the mac of the pineapple in the text file, one thing i noticed is mdk3 does not check for clients only AP's witch is good for what I need anyways:-D

Interesting stuff, guys, thanks! Can't wait to give this a shot.

Admittedly I never used mdk3 before, but if it's that successful at deauthing in particular, do you suppose the dependencies of mdk3 are such that it could run on the MK4 itself? Maybe included in the upcoming "image" for the USB drive, or maybe implemented in the Neinsager sub-project...or using the AWUS036H plugged into the MK4?

Just a thought.

Interesting stuff, guys, thanks! Can't wait to give this a shot.

Admittedly I never used mdk3 before, but if it's that successful at deauthing in particular, do you suppose the dependencies of mdk3 are such that it could run on the MK4 itself? Maybe included in the upcoming "image" for the USB drive, or maybe implemented in the Neinsager sub-project...or using the AWUS036H plugged into the MK4?

Just a thought.

It would be awesome if it could be implemented instead of airdrop-ng, into the usb of course.

it is super easy to setup and no airodump-ng to run in tandem.

I am having problems with airdrop-ng on the newest backtrack It was so hard to get installed lorcon2 was not that easy to install and the folder where the old airdrop-ng installers are don't seem to work anymore.

anyways after a bit of fussing and a oui.txt problem It seems to run now BUT after one or two minutes my alfa wifi cards stop working and I know because if i stop everything "airodump-ng and airdrop-ng"

and start airodump-ng no ap's are found. Plus after running airdrop-ng it makes it's own monitor interface from mon0 called mon0mon? WTF

also the alfa card that i use and everyone on here use, when airodump-ng scans a hidden ssid it shows the channel as being anywhere from 1 to 160? and when airdrop-ng encounters that it troughs a ton of errors.

would be nice if airdrop-ng would check the channel before deauthing

I know mubix is one of the developers and I hope some of these bugs can be fixed and an installer included.

If anyone has a way to make airdrop-ng work better please help me out:-) or even a tutorial on installing the latest version?

it seems airdrop-ng does not need the old pylorcon as it is not in the README file.

This does not belong in the "Jasager" section. Moving thread.

Also this is the dev team for Backtrack Linux http://www.backtrack-linux.org/about/