Help With Unlocking The Mkiii To It's Full Potential

Kristof

I'm just starting out with this, so I'm sorry if this sounds like a terrible question. But in all of the episodes I've seen Darren using the pineapple those that are connected to it are associated with another SSID. Unfortunately, I cant seem to work this out in mine, and only have it that they need to connect to the "pineapple" SSID in order for anything I code to work.

Any suggestions? Sorry again to sound like a n00b.

That feature in pineapple is called karma, make sure it is enabled. It will authorize any computer that is attempting to connect to any router. For example, if I had a computer called NICK-PC and when it powered on it searched for the SSID "wifi" the pineapple would pick up the request and snag the connection as if it were the router emitting the "wifi" SSID.

hope that helps.

Karma is on and enabled through the Web UI, is there anything on the back end I should be turning on? I know I'm in a target-rich environment while working and there are at least 4 different SSIDs broadcasting in addition to another not broadcasting.

no you shouldn't need to enable anything else to start picking up clients. But, karma does not actually broadcast all ssids i don't think, it only broadcasts the ssid "pineapple" (or whatever you change it to). But when client computers are looking for access points it will act as if it were the access point.

For example, when karma is enabled, and I go to view available wireless networks on my mac, I can see every ap I have ever connected too plus the pineapple ssid. No matter which one I select it will establish a connection to the pineapple.

R u running the latest firmware 2.1.2?

no you shouldn't need to enable anything else to start picking up clients. But, karma does not actually broadcast all ssids i don't think, it only broadcasts the ssid "pineapple" (or whatever you change it to). But when client computers are looking for access points it will act as if it were the access point.

For example, when karma is enabled, and I go to view available wireless networks on my mac, I can see every ap I have ever connected too plus the pineapple ssid. No matter which one I select it will establish a connection to the pineapple.

R u running the latest firmware 2.1.2?

I'll double check, but to my knowledge yes. I plan to re-flash it this afternoon

Karma is on and enabled through the Web UI, is there anything on the back end I should be turning on? I know I'm in a target-rich environment while working and there are at least 4 different SSIDs broadcasting in addition to another not broadcasting.

SSIDs broadcasting doesn't necessarily mean your location is target-rich. SSH into the pineapple and run an airodump-ng. To do this effectively, you'll have to issue the following commands due to the static channel nature of the pineapple when it boots.

airmon-ng stop mon.wlan0

ifconfig wlan0 down

airmon-ng start wlan0

airodump-ng mon0

And check the second list for number of targets and if they are already associated. If theres tons in your area all associated to one AP - nuke it down. Write down the bssid of the over-used AP(s) and power cycle the pineapple to bring back its requisite settings that you just altered in order to run airodump-ng in channel hopping mode. Go into the gui of your freshly booted pineapple and paste the bssid into the box on the top right - choose 40-50 for the number and sit back and wait for all the targets to come to your yard. Enjoy

telot