Purchased New Laptop

RAZEHELL

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me I just bought an acer Timelinex 5830tg it has an Intel wireless card and I wanted to know if I can purchase an Atheros wireless card and swap it out any help would be great thanks.

Is an external USB wifi card out of the question? : ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036H from the hakshop works perfectly...

That works out I already purchased one this was so that if for some reason I leave it at home the right wireless card is onboard

I'm pretty sure, swapping cards out will work well on a linux box... As far as windows go, you'll probably have to download drivers......

As long as the wireless card fits into the slot on the motherboard, and you have the proper drivers installed it should work fine.

good luck swapping anything out on a laptop besides the hard drive and RAM, most things are actually part of the mother board. I've been looking for some time for a mini usb wireless dongle that supports monitor mode, one i can leave in and doesn't stick out more than 1/2 inch.