Did Anyone Get A Raspberry Pi?

httpCRASH

I came late to work because i refused to stop trying to get a Raspberry Pi for 2 hours straight,

and would like to know if any of you where lucky in the F5 game? :D

I "expressed interest" at both distributors just now...F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 woooot!

telot

Edited by telot

As did I. Do you know when it's available for purchase again?

It was reported that the US distributor was already sold out. No mention of availability for a second batch. I tried to buy one while driving. I wasn't successful :)

I stayed awake all night for the launch, then fell asleep about 5:30am. 30 mins before they went on sale. woke up at 12 and checked the sites but looked like they were getting ddos'ed by all us geeks. After two hours of clicking buy now and the page failing to load the button changed to register if your interested or something like that. Damn!

I got up in time for the launch at 6am, but only got 'express an interest' on RS Components.

Farnell's site died, but they sorted it out later during the day and I managed to express my interest on their site too.

I didn't get one :( But I really want one to review on the show!

Swoot got my email saying I can order one :) Ideas for mine: xbmc replacing my appletv2 (xbmc is buggy as hell on my atv2), truck comp for war driving, and most importantly running my pineapple in a dropbox sorta way :)

telot

Would like to see the Hak.5 team start a few projects with it :D

I'd love to see that!

I will wait until there's more in stock before buying mine.

I didn't learn of the RPB until a week or so ago and by then both distributors websites' only have the 'register your interest' option. Hopefully they will have another run available soon, because I cant wait to get a couple of these things! If I remember correctly they said that their manufacturers are ramping up production capacity so they can better meet demand.Did anyone order the package that comes with the wifi dongle, mouse, keyboard, USB hub, etc?

Raspberry Pi suffers manufacturing error, shipments delayed

The Raspberry Pi foundation has announced that shipments of the $35 computer that went on sale at the end of last month have been delayed due to a manufacturing hiccup. The factory where the devices are produced accidentally installed the wrong type of Ethernet jack onto the PCB, effectively rendering the port useless.

The foundation specified to the manufacturer that the computers must have network jacks with magnetic components. The manufacturer accidentally substituted the component and soldered in non-magnetic jacks. As such, all of the jacks will need to be replaced before the computers can be shipped out to customers.

Source: http://www.techspot.com/news/47734-raspberry-pi-suffers-manufacturing-error-shipments-delayed.html

Raspberry Pi suffers manufacturing error, shipments delayed

The Raspberry Pi foundation has announced that shipments of the $35 computer that went on sale at the end of last month have been delayed due to a manufacturing hiccup. The factory where the devices are produced accidentally installed the wrong type of Ethernet jack onto the PCB, effectively rendering the port useless.

:(

Damn, sorry to hear that.

Raspberry Pi will rise again!

My Back Order was 36 days - Now 66 :(

Would like to see the Hak.5 team start a few projects with it :D

Imagine a full backtrack install, plus the alfa wireless adapter as a small disposable or hidden box that can run off a battery pack. it could easily hidden in server racks with the network tap. You could even use it build in wall computing systems to control house hold objects ect.

For $35 USD anything is possible with that little guy. I'll be ordering quite a few of them once they have a stock supply.

me as well ill probably order 3-4 just incase i screw a few up beyond repair lol.