Download speed problem (changed)

Mr Andrewson

Ok thanks, while im here can i just redirect this post instead of making two threads...

My download speeds have lowered dramatically. They were like 80k to 200kbps and now they have lowered to round about 20kbps so i'm getting worried. Is it my computer my isp (talktalk broadband) or... i dunno could anyone help?

Okay fixed.

Try now.

No?

Hrmm...

Maybe you should call the company you're paying to provide you with decent speed internet, and ask where the bandwidth went. Make sure you've tested with some of the speedtest websites out there. Anything above 80% of the advertised speed means they're doing their job decently.

Ok i did a speedtest on speedtest.net the best speed tester out there...

45834447.png

Thats a download speed from london to north england...

And this is from singapore to north england...

45834932.png

So my isp should be ok.. and doing a good job... (i am 13 excuse me if i get something wrong :P)

So what could be the problem?

Transcontinental line that got severed, your ISP messing up his routing rules...

Regardless, it's nothing you or I can fix. So either contact your ISP and tell them their connection to Singapore is poor for some reason, and if they might have an explanation for that.

But seriously, give it a day. It's really easy to get the reputation of the local piss-ant.

Transcontinental line that got severed, your ISP messing up his routing rules...

Regardless, it's nothing you or I can fix. So either contact your ISP and tell them their connection to Singapore is poor for some reason, and if they might have an explanation for that.

Hah, I had to laugh at that Cooper ;)