Vga Cooling Question

MR. M

Depends where its placed on the mobo but many cases have placements for extra fans, on the sidewalls of the inner case as well as front and rear exhaust. I have one mounted on my sidewall of the case blowing onto my GPU, but my GPU also has a fan built in that sucks from the front side of the case as well. What type of board is it, and why do you feel you need extra cooling for the GPU alone?

Edited by digip

For effective cooling solution, a water cooling system would be the way to go. But it depends on the graphics card in question.

Some graphics card will allow the addition of a water block, like the Nvidia hydro card.

So why the extra cooling? Is your graphics card overheating?

Edited by Infiltrator

Depends where its placed on the mobo but many cases have placements for extra fans, on the sidewalls of the inner case as well as front and rear exhaust. I have one mounted on my sidewall of the case blowing onto my GPU, but my GPU also has a fan built in that sucks from the front side of the case as well. What type of board is it, and why do you feel you need extra cooling for the GPU alone?

Because this card can play some newer games really well at stable frame rates, but the temps rises all the way to 100+ Celsius causing it to fail and restart the pc.