Configure Internet On Bt5 On Vmware

Mjolinir

Is the NIC wired or Wireless. If Wireless, you need to use a USB dongle. VMware can not use PCI wireless cards, only wired Ethernet cards and Wireless USB adapters. Example, if the mahcine is a laptop with VMware, it can't use your internal wireless card, only its internal wired ethernet port, or external USB wifi adapter.

Is the NIC wired or Wireless. If Wireless, you need to use a USB dongle. VMware can not use PCI wireless cards, only wired Ethernet cards and Wireless USB adapters. Example, if the mahcine is a laptop with VMware, it can't use your internal wireless card, only its internal wired ethernet port, or external USB wifi adapter.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, that is not accurate. I use my onboard wireless on my laptop to provide a NAT connection to my VMs all the time. In the past VM had some issues with using wireless devices for bridge connections IIRC, but those are long corrected. That being said, what digip said is definitely better. Get a good USB wireless device and pass it off to the VM. It works much better IMHO, and gives you injection ability. I believe that is probably the point digip was trying to make, that the wireless non-USB devices will show up as and function like a wired device in the VM and cannot be used for wireless utilities in the VM.