Kismet Error

thespiritbomber

Hi everyone, I just got my new ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036H in the mail today and got Kismet up and running but I'm getting an error within a few minutes of running it. Here's the error:

localhost:2501 TCP error: socket returned EOF, server has closed the connection.

I get this error and it quits scanning. I've searched for a long time but haven't found any solutions to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I've got the configuration file set up correctly as far as I know because it does scan for a bit before I get the error and picks up networks.

Hi everyone, I just got my new ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036H in the mail today and got Kismet up and running but I'm getting an error within a few minutes of running it. Here's the error:

localhost:2501 TCP error: socket returned EOF, server has closed the connection.

I get this error and it quits scanning. I've searched for a long time but haven't found any solutions to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I've got the configuration file set up correctly as far as I know because it does scan for a bit before I get the error and picks up networks.

edit: I'm running Ubuntu but it seems to work fine in Backtrack 5. Backtrack 5 won't initialize my internal wireless card but Ubuntu will, could this be part of the problem?

edit: I'm running Ubuntu but it seems to work fine in Backtrack 5. Backtrack 5 won't initialize my internal wireless card but Ubuntu will, could this be part of the problem?

Alright, so I'm having a conversation with myself here but I got it taken care of and thought I'd post it incase anyone else is having this problem. I've seen a lot of people online having problems with this. Anyways, I did two things. The first thing I did was add 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost to the bottom of my hosts file. That took care of it but I went ahead and blocked the driver for my internal wireless card just in case. Kismet is working perfectly now!