Ventrilo 8 slot crack?

bvlaar

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone here know a way to use the free ventrilo server tool and make it able to have unlimited slots? I use the older version so my server can have more than 8 slots, but I have started useing 2.3.0 and I want the server im running in my house to be able to host all of my members with the new vent.

Any help would be awesome

Bvlaar

Your rite I "should" buy it. But I want to host my own ventrilo and to host a large slot you have to buy a Pro license which cost lots of money and the minimum slots to buy are 1000.

Its just alot of money

Bvlaar

So in other words you want to use this software to host a cumminity but you dont want to pay the developers that spent weeks, if not years making? Dont you think they should get payed for something they created? Hey i want a nice car so i can drive my friends around do i have the right to walk in and take one? What if the car isnt locked and has the keys in it do i still have the right to do it? After all i want to drive my friends around and a car cost alot of money so i should be able to.

I would not pay for it. I also don't use ventrilo because of the limitation.

Sure it took the developers weeks to develop Ventrilo, but compared to TeamSpeak its interface is barely usable, like a dungeon of buttons...

They also use the Speex or the GSM codec I think, which is not their work. All they created was a way to fill tubes with speex encoded voice. TeamSpeak did the same, it's still free.

I once thought I should give ventrilo a try because TS pissed me off for some reason (memory usage I think) so I downloaded vent but I was shocked that the free version is limited to 8 slots.

Ventrilo has still no linux version I think. And don't tell me there are no linux gamers, I don't care if there is a right to exist for it :-)

Nope, I won't ever use ventrilo for any voice over ip communication.

I would not pay for it. I also don't use ventrilo because of the limitation.

Sure it took the developers weeks to develop Ventrilo, but compared to TeamSpeak its interface is barely usable, like a dungeon of buttons...

They also use the Speex or the GSM codec I think, which is not their work. All they created was a way to fill tubes with speex encoded voice. TeamSpeak did the same, it's still free.

I once thought I should give ventrilo a try because TS pissed me off for some reason (memory usage I think) so I downloaded vent but I was shocked that the free version is limited to 8 slots.

Ventrilo has still no linux version I think. And don't tell me there are no linux gamers, I don't care if there is a right to exist for it :-)

Nope, I won't ever use ventrilo for any voice over ip communication.

dont ask my why but vent tends to have better quality then ts when it comes to larger amounts of ppl , also it dont lagg as much ...

and it dont loop back :P

and there are linux versions : clients are still in developement but u can host it on a linux box etc :

Servers :

Platform :

Windows i386 - 32bit

Linux i386 - 32bit

Solaris SPARC - 64bit

Solaris x86 - 32bit

FreeBSD i386 - 32bit

NetBSD i386 - 32bit

Mac OSX PowerPC - 32bit

Look, you're being a cheapskate over pocket change. You want to run more slots than the free version allows, but you can't pay for the 1000 minimum slot license or even start up a business to qualify for it.

This situation is cleanly handled by Ventrillo when they say you can simply rent slots on the dedicated Ventrillo servers that companies who can pay for the 1000-slot license.

I went and checked the countries that have a Ventrillo licensee that will accept you renting slots from them and at least the one company I checked in The Netherlands has some pretty modest fees. We're talking under 7 euros a month (3 month minimum) for 12 slots. So basically, if you can stand drinking about 2-3 beers less per month, you can afford to get this.

So don't be a goof. Just rent some slots from one of those companies.

Look, you're being a cheapskate over pocket change. You want to run more slots than the free version allows, but you can't pay for the 1000 minimum slot license or even start up a business to qualify for it.

This situation is cleanly handled by Ventrillo when they say you can simply rent slots on the dedicated Ventrillo servers that companies who can pay for the 1000-slot license.

I went and checked the countries that have a Ventrillo licensee that will accept you renting slots from them and at least the one company I checked in The Netherlands has some pretty modest fees. We're talking under 7 euros a month (3 month minimum) for 12 slots. So basically, if you can stand drinking about 2-3 beers less per month, you can afford to get this.

So don't be a goof. Just rent some slots from one of those companies.

Your totally rite. It is cheap. But im 14 years old, I dont have a credit card or a debit card or even a paypal account. My parents hate useing there credit card over the internet. I just thought hosting my own would be the best way around that but there are to little slots.

Bvlaar

The simple answer if you can't pay for a service or application is you can't have it. If a service requires payment and you don't have the money to give to use it or you're unable to get payment to the providers then find a free alternative, make your own or give up.

Or do what I do: Find a friend/someone else with a credit card that you give money to, and he pays for the service using it.

Or.. use teamspeak :( lol, well I appreciate everyones comments and I guess I get the point, there is no free crack to operate the free server with unlimited slots.

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many alternatives:

1) Get version 2.1.0 and client 2.1.4; you can host around 200 clients

2) Use virtual machines to run multiple instances on one server. Setup a virtual "client" on the server to connect to each vent-server that syncs audio across all vent-servers using audio routing, furthermore, you can ask your clients to download an addon program that attaches to the vent client which relays non audio info thru a syncing server program for managing all the individual server programs.

or 3) Download the crack (yes, there is one) or crack it yourself 8)

• 2 years later...
There are so many alternatives:

1) Get version 2.1.0 and client 2.1.4; you can host around 200 clients

2) Use virtual machines to run multiple instances on one server. Setup a virtual "client" on the server to connect to each vent-server that syncs audio across all vent-servers using audio routing, furthermore, you can ask your clients to download an addon program that attaches to the vent client which relays non audio info thru a syncing server program for managing all the individual server programs.

or 3) Download the crack (yes, there is one) or crack it yourself 8)

well i know this is a old topic but any hope of a working crack for 3.0.0 or higher if so please email me iamamassivewanker at aol dot com