Best Anonymous Free Email

kuroigetsushinde

i guess it isnt for new members <_< the edit button thing, ok now it is (facepalm)

p.s: yes i would if the server was located in sweden or such we all know theyre love for privacy there

btw i use a paid vpn with 2048bit blowfish encryption and offshore servers without logging not 7 proxies :rolleyes: , its not like i hack the government for secret documents , thou even then theyd be hard pressed to locate my ass , thou if your up to that youd have the money to go quad loop vpn anyhow for bout 2000 dollars a month :lol:

p.s.s: itd take me 2 years to download a 100mb file over 7 proxies fyi :rolleyes:

Edited by kuroigetsushinde

sounds good if anybody got some free ones dont hesitate to link some i think wed all appreciate it , been doin research all fn week <_<

Believe it or not, this topic is of interest to me, as well. You have been doing research all week, aside from countermail, what else looked good to you? What were the pros and cons of competing services?

well thing is the rest wasnt even worth mentioning aka government slaves , ive been checking out wilders security forums etc but they all point to countermail or setting up your own server wich costs more than a countermail subscription

thou ive found this http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/privacy.html

but its only temporary thou <_< , we need the same thing for a regular account , very difficult to find

Edited by kuroigetsushinde

Personally, email is more or less broken anyway. Sending email can be spoofed from nearly anywhere, phpSendmail function for example on a compromised host and you can create fake email sall day long. There are still smtp relays out there that don't block anonymous connections sending over port 25.

As for receiving, that would be the hard part if you truly want to stay anonymous. About the only ways I could think of is 1 - always use some internet connection other than your own and away from your home (ie: coffee shop, library, open wifi, hotel, etc) 2 - Register with any free email service while in a live environment and with mac address spoofed. Then when you need to receive email, you have to always be on someone else's connection to login to the services.

Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo mail are anonymous for the most part. Not saying Google and the others don't have their claws and fangs deep into everything you do, but you could easily work around these things with clean systems that leave no tracks, ie: netbooks/laptops with with no HDD and only booting off cd/dvd media, no stored data other than while you are logged in and running, and always spoofing your mac address. Even adding to this a socks proxy from another country or TOR to access these email accounts. Granted proxies and TOR can be sniffed, but if you are doing something this shady to begin with, the email accounts should be disposable throw away accounts to begin with, 1 time use sort of things. Anything used more than that, could eventually be tracked. Especially if you login regularly at roughly the same time intervals.

Another thought, and I don't know if this would work or not, is register a domain with a pre-paid Visa Check, use fake info for everything, all while using the above methods to mask your location and mac address(no hosting needed, just DNS/Domain Name services and forwarding capabilities to your own servers), then set up DNS forwarding on this to a DYNdns service, and use your own machine as a mail server. Only issue with this, is you can only get email, when connected somewhere, so people can only send back and forth to you when you are online and the machine is running. If trying while the machine is offline the emails will get returned or just error out with mailer daemon not found.

I feel like there is no way to get a "anonymous" email. The only thing you can really do to stay out of sight is by creating 1 and done emails... As in use it once and the loose it. Aside from connecting to a non secure connection on pt25.

I don't know about other mail service providers, but Gmail for instance allows you to create and delete your account, if you can fake your information and use multiple proxy servers then to a degree you could remain anonymous. You could send and receive emails and then dispose that account.

That's what I do when I need to get a new product key for my Vmware workstation, since they won't send me a new product key to an account I already have with them. So by creating a new email accounts and using different proxy servers, I can get around that restriction.

Tormail would be first, you can even set up Thunderbird. http://www.tormail.net

Privat DE Mail would be next. http://privatdemail.net/en/

Riseup.net, but they require an application and a long wait.

Running your own server can be free with hMail Server http://www.hmailserver.com/ or Axigen Mail Server http://www.axigen.com/mail-server/free/

Or you can pay about $100 once and get something like Ability Mail Server http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymailserver/

No-IP.com offers free MX records.

Countermail seems great too, but is it $60 a year, or once?

There is COTSE.net, again for pay.

All but the first 3 are about privacy, not anonymity, so combine the two: Tormail for anonymous messages, and the rest to keep BigGov out of your mailboxes...cuz they're in there, no doubt...Hotmail/Live Mail don't even charge LE to snoop.

PD

Anything that is pay for, is trackable for the most part. If you had someone get you pre-paid Visa checkcards, then maybe that would work, but the whole point, is to not have any real physical ties to be identifiable.

Anything that is pay for, is trackable for the most part. If you had someone get you pre-paid Visa checkcards, then maybe that would work, but the whole point, is to not have any real physical ties to be identifiable.

Or one could create a bot-net to run mail services on the compromised systems. Then with a pre-paid visa checkcard, you could purchase a domain using false credentials. And there will be no physical ties to be identifiable.

I'd say that's how cyber criminals would go about anyway, from what I understand.

Edited by Infiltrator

Or one could create a bot-net to run mail services on the compromised systems. Then with a pre-paid visa checkcard, you could purchase a domain using false credentials. And there will be no physical ties to be identifiable.

I'd say that's how cyber criminals would go about anyway, from what I understand.

One thing to try staying anonymous, quite another to break the law though. I don't think creating sites anonymously with pre-paid cards would really warrant jail time vs compromising a whole slew of machines which 1, could get you caught, and 2 is most definitely breaking the law. I joked about using bot-nets in another thread, but it was just that, a joke, poking fun at the OP's question.

Getting anonymous anything is getting harder these days. It really becomes a tangled web.

It really depends on what your ultimate goal towards anonymity is, are you trying to stop people from reading the contents of your mail? or tracking you down...

If is domestic spying your worried about, get an email abroad in a place that is not as likely to cooperate with the US, like China, or Pakistan, and have it forwarded to a middle man, a friendly nation less likely to raise flags, convoluted, but possible. The government is probably less interested in packets from Denmark, than...North Korea.

Still not truly anonymous. Public Wifi?, from a few blocks away with an Alfa? Of course you changed your MAC Address, and disguised your hardware flags and OS identifiers on your operating system. Not that it would matter, you're running a Live linux distro, with Full disk encryption of course, with a 64 char password...

I can issue enough invites to get people accounts at riseup.net; if interested pm me...

Getting anonymous anything is getting harder these days. It really becomes a tangled web.

It really depends on what your ultimate goal towards anonymity is, are you trying to stop people from reading the contents of your mail? or tracking you down...

If is domestic spying your worried about, get an email abroad in a place that is not as likely to cooperate with the US, like China, or Pakistan, and have it forwarded to a middle man, a friendly nation less likely to raise flags, convoluted, but possible. The government is probably less interested in packets from Denmark, than...North Korea.

Still not truly anonymous. Public Wifi?, from a few blocks away with an Alfa? Of course you changed your MAC Address, and disguised your hardware flags and OS identifiers on your operating system. Not that it would matter, you're running a Live linux distro, with Full disk encryption of course, with a 64 char password...

One thing to try staying anonymous, quite another to break the law though. I don't think creating sites anonymously with pre-paid cards would really warrant jail time vs compromising a whole slew of machines which 1, could get you caught, and 2 is most definitely breaking the law. I joked about using bot-nets in another thread, but it was just that, a joke, poking fun at the OP's question.

Yeah, I do understand that and wasn't suggesting the OP to out there and actually do it. I was only thinking outside the box and trying to come up with other ideas, but of course an idea that is extremely illegal and could certainly get you jailed for.

Edited by Infiltrator

I can issue enough invites to get people accounts at riseup.net; if interested pm me...

Yeah, but there in lies the catch 22. Contact with any other person, website, etc, makes you trackable. This is something you do on your own, with no other involvement from others. If people know you help you set up your email, that removes the anonymity. Thats kind of the funny thing about Anonymous and LulzSec. They are all tied to one another in some manner, ie: irc, email, websites, servers, TOR nodes and TOR websites, etc. And when they turn on each other, they can easily vet one another.

Edited by digip

I look at it from a different perspective. I don't want companies crawling my content to advertise to me, or creating a profile about my behaviour. I also don't want my e-mail provider to know where I log in from, or have a record of that. I get lazy and don't always TOR / VPN / SSH -D / etc, so I like services like riseup.net who don't keep records. They also strip header info.

People in our circles should use adium / pidgin and stick to OTR.

Yeah, but there in lies the catch 22. Contact with any other person, website, etc, makes you trackable. This is something you do on your own, with no other involvement from others. If people know you help you set up your email, that removes the anonymity. Thats kind of the funny thing about Anonymous and LulzSec. They are all tied to one another in some manner, ie: irc, email, websites, servers, TOR nodes and TOR websites, etc. And when they turn on each other, they can easily vet one another.

Edited by diggler