Mk4 Pineapple

mreidiv

Hey what are the specs and features on the MK4 Shannon was talking about. and is there going to be a trade in program for those of us that bought a mk3 recently?

Edited by mreidiv

The MK4 is only a prototype. Feature wise and spec wise, information will be released very soon.

The MK4 is not close to being completed yet - the MK4s at Shmoocon have the correct hardware but firmware wise they are just a little more advanced than the MK3.

What I can say is that the people with the MK4 will be able to upgrade their firmware once the MK4 is properly released.

As to a trade in system, I doubt it. Why? For the above reasons. The MK4 will not be available for a while.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Best,

Sebkinne

Edit:

The information above is what I know as of now. It is possible that the above changes.

The MK4 is only a prototype. Feature wise and spec wise, information will be released very soon.

The MK4 is not close to being completed yet - the MK4s at Shmoocon have the correct hardware but firmware wise they are just a little more advanced than the MK3.

What I can say is that the people with the MK4 will be able to upgrade their firmware once the MK4 is properly released.

As to a trade in system, I doubt it. Why? For the above reasons. The MK4 will not be available for a while.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Best,

Sebkinne

Edit:

The information above is what I know as of now. It is possible that the above changes.

So if i am understanding you correctly it is the same hardware as the mk3 just different firmware

No, you did not.

Different hardware and slightly different firmware.

The firmware will greatly change over the development of the MK4 though.

Best,

Sebkinne

ok thanks for the info

will the firmware be compatible with the mk3

I wrote a long follow-up to this which Seb suggested could use its own pinned thread for now, so see that here: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25448

In short:

MK3 hardware end-of-life - sad, we know... MK4 around teh corner with extra leetness, backwards compatibility, moar entropy bunny.

Love,

The Jasager Team

I wrote a long follow-up to this which Seb suggested could use its own pinned thread for now, so see that here: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25448

In short:

MK3 hardware end-of-life - sad, we know... MK4 around teh corner with extra leetness, backwards compatibility, moar entropy bunny.

Love,

The Jasager Team

As a Loyal Hak5 Viewer I wait for the next encarnation of the Pineapple. I treat myself lucky to have the MKIII "collectors" edition and would not be trading it in. I look forward to the evolution of the MK IV and future capabilities. Snif Snif