Ettercap Arp Poisoning, Dns Spoofing

TjeuvanBussel

Hey all!

I am still kinda new to the networking and BackTrack stuff, so sometimes I walk into problems, and now I habe one. I am trying to spoof the dns of a website with Ettercap, and send it to my BackTrack machine running SET, just for educational purposes, so I edited the etter.dns file with my own IP adresses, and saved it, and after a few tries, it worked. But when I tried it again after dinner, with the same command (ettercap -T -q -i eth1 -P dns_spoof -M arp // //) it started as normal, but when I tried to visit the spoofed site on my other pc, it didn't want to connect, so I tried Google.com, but still no connection. So I stopped ettercap, and BAM it worked. So I have been searching for a solution, but I didn't find anything or anyone that had the same problem. Can anyone help me with this?

~TjeuvanBussel

It could have something to do with your network card or drivers not being compatible with Backtrack.

How are you running Backtrack, in a VM or physical hardware?

Also make sure, all your software is current!

Edited by Infiltrator

It could have something to do with your network card or drivers not being compatible with Backtrack.

How are you running Backtrack, in a VM or physical hardware?

Also make sure, all your software is current!

My BackTrack machine is a virtual machine, with a bridged connection, it had its own IP, and has no problems with running servers, Metasploit and handling Meterpreter shells, but since my first succes, the DNS spoofing won't work...

~TjeuvanBussel

Another thing I overlooked, have you enabled IPv4 forwarding?

echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward