Motorola 68k Device For Programming

abferm

Hey everybody, I'm taking an intro assembly language class and my professor decided to teach the Motorola 68000 assembly language. My problem with this is I like to have physical hardware to run my code on. Does anyone know where I could get a fairly inexpensive computer with a Motorola 680x0 CPU? I've done a little looking, but don't know exactly what kind of device to get. Something I could turn into a Linux box would be nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

68k assembly I would recommend the Atari ST or the Commodore AMIGA.

I'm sure you can find these relatively cheap.

If you have a floppy drive kicking around still, MS-DOS could read and write Atari ST disks, same format. So software should be pretty easy to come by from the internet.....

Look more at the base models , these are alot cheaper! especially the Amiga 500... over here I'd estimate them at £10 to £15 and the last time I bought an atari 520 I paid £8 and it just so happened I had some of those old 30 pin 1MB sticks which fitted nicely into this model also as described above the disks could be written in DOS - I can't remember what I used to write these disks from images but I remember I used 1.44MB floppies and blocked the hole up as amiga's and atari's use DSDD's....

• 1 month later...