Pineapple Issues

I recently purchased an Alfa AP51 and loaded version firmware version 2.0.1 on it. Perhaps my assumptions about Karama are incorrect, however I am assuming that Karama listens for broadcast requests for an SSID, and then changes it's SSID to match. I am unable to get this feature to function. I have tested with iPhone, Windows 7, Windows XP, as well as OSX. I am able to connect manually to the access point "pineapple" or whatever I change the ssid to, but I thought Karma performed this function for me.

Viewing the Karma log file I see

Karma CTRL_IFACE Requested ESSID is REALAP

Karma: Probe Request from *mac address of client* for SSID REALAP

Karma ssid malloc'd so free it

Am I missing something? I tried to google all these issues RTFM or find a user guide beyond the quickstart.

Thanks for your time!

Use your windows 7 machine and create a new wireless network and name it "PineappleTest" with no encryption enabled. Check the boxes for automatically connect even when SSID is not broadcasting. Fire up karma on the pineapple and disable and re-enable the wireless card on Win7 and see if it connects. It should.

Use your windows 7 machine and create a new wireless network and name it "PineappleTest" with no encryption enabled. Check the boxes for automatically connect even when SSID is not broadcasting. Fire up karma on the pineapple and disable and re-enable the wireless card on Win7 and see if it connects. It should.

Bravo Good Sir!!! You are 100% correct!I had a brain fart.. Obviously it would not auto connect if security settings were not identical (EG home AP uses WPA, and my fake AP is open *no encryption). I did an additional test using an open access point and it worked perfectly.

Thanks so much!

John