Ebay Buyer Not Completing The Check Out After Auction.

Infiltrator

Hi all,

Last couple of weeks, I've been battling to sell my Asus EeePC Netbook, through Ebay Auction. The interesting part of the whole selling experience, is that at the end of the auction, I get to see who's the lucky winner. But then comes the frustrating part, one week later after the auction is finished the buyer still hasn't checked out.

So I emailed the buyer advising that, a week has gone by and the item still hasn't been checked out. The funny part of the story is that, I never receive any reply back. So I then send another email and the same happens again, no response from the buyer.

I then decide to open a case with Ebay, reporting that the buyer has not checked out or made the payment for more than a week.

So has this kind of incident ever occurred to anyone in here? If so, based on your own experience, what have you done to resolve the situation.

I know people who sell on ebay, and then some other people who have had issues. Like purchasing items that never get shipped and no refunds issues. Personally, I detest ebay. I only use it to find references prices on things before buying retail and seeing whats out there but I wouldn't buy or sell anything on there because of all the PayPal and Ebay issues people have.

Personally, I have bought and sold on E-bay for many years and have not really had many problems except when buying something that was super cheap made in china and worked for only like a month or two. I have sold on there and had people not pay after they won the bid, what you can do is file the complaint thing with ebay, then ebay will refund you your money spent for listing the item and also give the buyer an unpaid item strike, I think if they get 3 then they are banned from ebay. I would probuly write them first though (only threw ebays msg system) and ask why the payment has not been sent yet. Then you can relist it, buy it now is a great option in which they have to pay you immediately. Always use delivery confirmation, and depending on the item size or price you may want to get it insured or not even offer international sales on it. My overall experience has been great, a couple weeks ago I seen 50 blank dvd's at walmart for like 25$ got them delivered to my home without wasting gas or time waiting in line for only 14$, only thing is you will have to wait a couple days 3 to 5 business days on normal to receive it.

I know people who sell on ebay, and then some other people who have had issues. Like purchasing items that never get shipped and no refunds issues. Personally, I detest ebay. I only use it to find references prices on things before buying retail and seeing whats out there but I wouldn't buy or sell anything on there because of all the PayPal and Ebay issues people have.

I've been an Ebay buyer for a very long time, never had any issues. However selling its something that I've done once on Ebay before and didn't have any problems.

The buyer checked out as soon as the auction finished, and I only had to wait a couple of days for the funds to clear on my paypal account. N

But this time its very different, it almost feels like as if the buyer is a BOT. Placing bids in a way that prevents other bidders from winning the item and once the BOT wins the auction, it never pays for the item.

I think, I will have to report this buyer for the second time now.

The joys of selling on eBay...

I'm beginning to hate Ebay selling.

This is the second time I sell an item on Ebay, and the first time an incident like this happens. I have re-listed the same item twice, and the same thing happened. There is nothing physically or technically wrong with the netbook, I just want to get rid of it and its proving to be extremely difficult and frustrating.

Edited by Infiltrator

I'm beginning to hate Ebay selling.

This is the second time I sell an item on Ebay, and the first time an incident like this happens. I have re-listed the same item twice, and the same thing happened. There is nothing physically or technically wrong with the netbook, I just want to get rid of it and its proving to be extremely difficult and frustrating.

Craigslist. Cash in hand, no shipping costs, no eBay fees, etc.

When I was in your country I sold a projector and a camera on gumtree (www.gumtree.com.au) and it worked very well, simple and straightforward. I'd think that'd work better than ebay.

I personally hate paypal and therefore would never use ebay again.

Thanks bro, I've come across it before, but never thought about using it.

Now that you mentioned it, I have a few things that I want to sell. So I might just give it a try.