Alternate Hardware

Crack My WAP

Intresting Wifi Drop box

http://www.minipwner.com/index.php/what-is-the-minipwner

Using a TP-Link TL-WR703N and has a usb port for extra storage so he has nmap and kismet on there.

Migh be worth looking into it.

On another note I have been thinking about what we need from the jasager for it to be perfect.

My list (feel free to correct me)

1:Small form factor

2:Low power and can be run off a battery

3:Capable of running Kismet

-------- This is where we seem to be with it now ---------

4: Enough Space and proccessing ability to run Airdrop-ng, UrlSnarf, Ettercap, tcpdump etc.

5: USB port for 3g Modem. Allowing us to get rid of the laptop from the setup.

6: N functionality.

What do we think?

This thing really looks interesting, question is if Jasager works with the included wifi.

Else the Hardware looks good, 400MHz Atheros SoC, 32MB Ram, USB Port for external Storage / Swap.

Edit:

Okay i ordered such a piece of Hardware in Hong Kong for only 22€. Now i only have to wait. In the time till it gets deliverd i will play with my old fonery, see if i get it running.

Edited by darkside40

• 2 weeks later...

Shmoocon starts tomorrow. I've played with the tp-link and it's a decent but of kit, but no mk4.

I like my new mk3, can't wait to see what is planned for mk4

I am hopping it has more cpu power and ram. would be nice to get sslstrip on there and maybe a Metasploit back door.

wish i was in the area to check out what new stuff you had:-)

Good luck in Shmoocon, keep it coming.

I absolutely love the MK3 and am having a LOT of fun with this platform, but an MK4 already on the horizon?!?! SWEEEEET!!!

I sure wish I was closer to shmoocon, I'd LOVE to attend!!

Great work all around, fellas...keep up the outstanding work, we're all very grateful for all the efforts! Very exciting news on the MK4!

Darren, are you gonna give us a taste of the MK4 on an upcoming Hak5 show on Shmoocon coverage?? PLEEEEASE?? :) :) :) I'd love to see even the prototype and get a glimpse of the hardware, maybe some commentary on new features and improvements!! ;)

I absolutely love the MK3 and am having a LOT of fun with this platform, but an MK4 already on the horizon?!?! SWEEEEET!!!

I sure wish I was closer to shmoocon, I'd LOVE to attend!!

Great work all around, fellas...keep up the outstanding work, we're all very grateful for all the efforts! Very exciting news on the MK4!

Darren, are you gonna give us a taste of the MK4 on an upcoming Hak5 show on Shmoocon coverage?? PLEEEEASE?? :) :) :) I'd love to see even the prototype and get a glimpse of the hardware, maybe some commentary on new features and improvements!! ;)

This was a tweet from Shannon...

Only 15 Wifi Pineapple 4's left in stock! #Shmoocon @hak5 table near the Lockpick village!

I missed out getting a ticket every damn time. I only saw the registration page render twice, and one was the test day. :angry:

Some info..mostly a photo... on the MK4 HERE

Thanks for sharing csystem:-D

I can't wait to get one. double ram and processing power:-)

with the usb as well I wonder if we'll be able to insert the awus036h and get extra coverage, better deauthing or even connecting to a wifi internet source.

I also wonder if having 2 ethernet ports would allow it to turn into a monkey as well.

wonder if it's still running openwrt.

can't wait to hear when we can purchase/pre order one?

hi just a couple of questions..

(a)

is it wise to wait for mk4 or just go buy a AP-51 or next best a Fonera ?

(b)i read in the forums that u can put mk3 on a fonera mk2 is that right ?

i only ask cos here in the UK ap-51's are hard to get , if i order from usa it will cost me more to get it posted than the actual ap-51 itself

and from what i read a Fonera is next best to the ap-51 for a pineapple. im wondering when will the mk4 be out cos then it will be new hardware again

wont it ? saving me buying old hardware so to speak

thanx.

Hey Darren et al,

Firsly, love the show!

It's nearing 1st of Feb now, Hak5 shop says that you are expecting more pineapples 'near February', and boy - I'm thirsty for that tasty pineapple juice.

Have had a brief look into the Open Mesh Mini, but can find very little info about how to set it up as an apple of the pine. Is it worth researching this more, or are we pretty close to tasting MK4 juice?

Anyway - all this juice talk is making me thirsty. Keep it up dudes!

hi just a couple of questions..

(a)

is it wise to wait for mk4 or just go buy a AP-51 or next best a Fonera ?

(b)i read in the forums that u can put mk3 on a fonera mk2 is that right ?

i only ask cos here in the UK ap-51's are hard to get , if i order from usa it will cost me more to get it posted than the actual ap-51 itself

and from what i read a Fonera is next best to the ap-51 for a pineapple. im wondering when will the mk4 be out cos then it will be new hardware again

wont it ? saving me buying old hardware so to speak

thanx.

Hi,

If your from UK you can buy an AP51 from Germany like i did, im from Denmark, so also within EU, and have the same stupid customs rules as you, and as long as you buy from another EU country your good ;)

http://shop.varia-store.com/product_info.php?info=p1396_ALFA-Network-AP51-802-11b-g-Mini-Wireless-Router.html