Ap51 Pcb

Thinking about ordering a AP51 PCB from data-alliance. Does anyone know if the PCB comes with a power supply or is it just a board?

Just ordered one last night.

It doesn't look like it but i'll let you know for sure when it comes in later this week.

Alternatively you could email them.

Even if it doesn't I've already tried another 12v, 1A, positive center of polarity, AC/DC adapter and it worked just fine for the AP51.

Shouldn't be to hard to find a spare laying around somewhere or run off a DIY battery pack.

A side note:

I you are having problems with a hacked USB cord to barrel adapter, ijnnji post here really helps.

Edited by pewpew

Just ordered one last night.

It doesn't look like it but i'll let you know for sure when it comes in later this week.

Alternatively you could email them.

Even if it doesn't I've already tried another 12v, 1A, positive center of polarity, AC/DC adapter and it worked just fine for the AP51.

Shouldn't be to hard to find a spare laying around somewhere or run off a DIY battery pack.

A side note:

I you are having problems with a hacked USB cord to barrel adapter, ijnnji post here really helps.

Thanks, let me know, I did e-mail them and haven't received a response yet.

Thanks, let me know, I did e-mail them and haven't received a response yet.

Just got the PCB in.

It doesn't come with a PSU

It DOES come with a pre-installed heat sink. 30mm X 30mm X 4 mm attached directly to the RF plate with thermal adhesive tape.

I haven't had a chance to power it on to check what firmware in installed but that shouldn't matter much.

I live 5 states away from AZ where it was shipped from and got it in two days of the tracking number.

Hope this helps.

Just got the PCB in.

It doesn't come with a PSU

It DOES come with a pre-installed heat sink. 30mm X 30mm X 4 mm attached directly to the RF plate with thermal adhesive tape.

I haven't had a chance to power it on to check what firmware in installed but that shouldn't matter much.

I live 5 states away from AZ where it was shipped from and got it in two days of the tracking number.

Hope this helps.

Upload a picture of the PCB please?

Upload a picture of the PCB please?

Uploaded it to photobucket. here is the LINK. Have a comparison shot of a board pulled from a working AP51.

EDIT:

oh and here is the LINK to the data-alliance webpage for the PCB only.

Edited by pewpew