Mk3 Firmware V2.1.2

:) LULZ! I feel like it's a bit of a privilege to be in on this project at all!! :)

I'm using an Alfa AP51.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do!

I haven't been included (yet ;) ) to the inside of the Jasager/Pineapple Dev team. I hope so one day so I can help out and be more involved.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP51

So far it's been good for me.

just would like to point out a problem with deauthing

it seems that the mon.wlan0 is set to a specific channel and is changed bassed on what program has used it last

but when you go to deauth it leaves the channel on what ever it was at and thus gives you a 1 in 11 chance that the bssid your deauthing is on the right channel?

allso it would be nice to deauth based on ssid name "essid" and not the mac "bssid" using the -e option instead of -a aireplay-ng has to see a probe anyways so I would prefer to use the essi

another thing that would be cool is for all of the settings to have a start at boot setting?

maybe a checkbox on the left with a header on top that says At Startup.

because then my rick roll would work with karma and dns spoof both auto started

and as far as the ssid of the pineapple 2.0 goes in the configuration you can change the karma ssid BUT

when you do that there seems to be 2 ssids pineapple and the one you added?

PLUS when you activate karma all ssids go away and only the probed ones show up???

just letting any one working on the pineapple what I have found and I very much appreciate all your guys hard work and enjoy playing with your work too:-D

also right from the start the reboot option never worked for me even on my mark 2 open mesh model? would freeze

Edited by petertfm

AP51

So far it's been good for me.

just would like to point out a problem with deauthing

it seems that the mon.wlan0 is set to a specific channel and is changed bassed on what program has used it last

but when you go to deauth it leaves the channel on what ever it was at and thus gives you a 1 in 11 chance that the bssid your deauthing is on the right channel?

allso it would be nice to deauth based on ssid name "essid" and not the mac "bssid" using the -e option instead of -a aireplay-ng has to see a probe anyways so I would prefer to use the essi

and as far as the ssid of the pineapple 2.0 goes in the configuration you can change the karma ssid BUT

when you do that there seems to be 2 ssids pineapple and the one you added?

PLUS when you activate karma all ssids go away and only the probed ones show up???

just letting any one working on the pineapple what I have found and I very much appreciate all your guys hard work and enjoy playing with your work too:-D

also right from the start the reboot option never worked for me even on my mark 2 open mesh model? would freeze

That sounds like what karma should be doing.

When you first fired it up, and fired up Karma, prior to making any changes to the karma SSID, what was the SSID that came up besides "pineapple"?

I'm re-flashing 2.0 again and we'll see how it goes, but I can't seem to get Karma to fire up. It says it is, and entropy bunny does it's thing, and the GUI shows it's started, but the only SSID that shows up is "pineapple".

Also confirming that the Reboot button doesn't work, but that's definitely a back seat issue to this karma not starting thing.

bbiab

Also confirming that the Reboot button doesn't work, but that's definitely a back seat issue to this karma not starting thing.

bbiab

You mean your typical "Reset" button to go back to default settings? If so I'm pretty sure that button is not coded to do anything. (Besides interrupt the redboot to enter a fail-safe mode, but that is not for the typical user)

That sounds like what karma should be doing.

When you first fired it up, and fired up Karma, prior to making any changes to the karma SSID, what was the SSID that came up besides "pineapple"?

I'm re-flashing 2.0 again and we'll see how it goes, but I can't seem to get Karma to fire up. It says it is, and entropy bunny does it's thing, and the GUI shows it's started, but the only SSID that shows up is "pineapple".

bbiab

Im pretty sure the ssid is pineapple after enabling karma.

one thing I did notice after flashing and not restarting it myself I set my ethernet to dhcp and then logged into the website 172.16.42.1/pineapple

and the interface said disabled and never fixed itself as well it seemed to not respond soon after and a manual reboot fixed all that

You mean your typical "Reset" button to go back to default settings? If so I'm pretty sure that button is not coded to do anything. (Besides interrupt the redboot to enter a fail-safe mode, but that is not for the typical user)

I don't think so. I'm referring to the "Reboot" button that's located on the Advanced page of the GUI, upper right corner, bottom "button".

I thought I recalled from early MK3 threads that it was added to do a "clean shutdown" of the MK3, someone had listed out exactly how this was done. I also recall that it wasn't really necessary, but I just assumed that it had been added and would eventually be fixed. I was just noting that all it appears to do is freeze up my AP...pings stop responding, and I have to powercycle it anyhow. :)

I'm really bumming out on 2.0 and karma not working. Reflashed to 2.0 again, and it's the same situation.

It's just not working for me. I'm in a console now, what should I see when I do a "ps" to indicate that karma is running (or not)? The GUI indicates it's running, but functionally I can't see anything...no "karma'd" SSID.

:(

In firmware 1.9 the SSID of "pineapple" was shown before enabling Karma. After Karma was enabled it would show up as "internet" and respond to probes.

Exactly. It was like that from v1.7 on if I recall correctly.

Also, when we had access to the karma.conf (via GUI or console), we could set the SSID and see what it was set to.

For the WiFi interface (non-Karma'd), we can still see on the Configuration page for the non-Karma'd interface that it's set to "open" and SSID is "pineapple".

Now the karma.conf has been replaced with processes we can't see (at least I don't know where to look for it! :) ) so I have no idea what the default is supposed to be, but I am pretty damn sure seb didnt' set it up to also be "pineapple". ;)

I'm gonna have to crash soon, work's gonna come very early, but I'll tune back in to see if MrP, seb, or anyone else can shed some light on what's going on.

Thanks again to any and all of you working on this awesome project (and you too MrP, dev team or not!!! ;) ).

Alright, let us start:

Changing the SSID:

If you use the change SSID function, the SSID DOES change.

There seems to be a problem with clients who have already seen the previous SSID.

Those will show the SSID "Pineapple" and whatever you decided to change it to.

Right, I should have mentioned, the SSID will always be "Pineapple" unless changed in the GUI. It can be changed using the karma SSID changer or by changing the wifi config and rebooting.

I know that seems like a bit of an annoyance but for now that is what we have. If, let's say you want the SSID to be internet, simply change it in the wifi config, reboot and that is what the karma'd and unkarma'd SSID will be like. Technically the SSID changer in the "config.php" page should work though, I just tested it again and it works. Although my phone does see two networks: "Pineapple" & "internet". On a different device I just started I only see "internet" though. Maybe someone can confirm that.

I am just going ahead to say that Karma is running. This is a new version of karma which is accessible by using hostapd_cli.

To connect to the interface manually please use this: "hostapd_cli -p /var/run/hostapd-phy0" Then type ? to get a list of commands.

Karma works for me, it is just a bit more secretive I guess. The LOG does not show right now, but the functionality is there.

Associations Log:

I will see what the issue is with that. Fix will come asap.

Hope that clears some things up!

Alright, let us start:

Changing the SSID:

If you use the change SSID function, the SSID DOES change.

There seems to be a problem with clients who have already seen the previous SSID.

Those will show the SSID "Pineapple" and whatever you decided to change it to.

Right, I should have mentioned, the SSID will always be "Pineapple" unless changed in the GUI. It can be changed using the karma SSID changer or by changing the wifi config and rebooting.

I know that seems like a bit of an annoyance but for now that is what we have. If, let's say you want the SSID to be internet, simply change it in the wifi config, reboot and that is what the karma'd and unkarma'd SSID will be like. Technically the SSID changer in the "config.php" page should work though, I just tested it again and it works. Although my phone does see two networks: "Pineapple" & "internet". On a different device I just started I only see "internet" though. Maybe someone can confirm that.

I am just going ahead to say that Karma is running. This is a new version of karma which is accessible by using hostapd_cli.

To connect to the interface manually please use this: "hostapd_cli -p /var/run/hostapd-phy0" Then type ? to get a list of commands.

Karma works for me, it is just a bit more secretive I guess. The LOG does not show right now, but the functionality is there.

Associations Log:

I will see what the issue is with that. Fix will come asap.

Hope that clears some things up!

Thanks a million seb, that clears a LOT up!! I did see hostapd so it is definitely running.

That all makes sense, and that the same SSID name *is* used for both SSIDs is much cleaner I think...stealthier for sure.

Well, I bet it was working all along then and I'm just a dork. ;)

Thanks again seb, this looks like an amazing update that took a lot of work to do, cant say thanks enough, this project is just brilliant!

Update:

Log has been fixed, updated the first post.

Todo:

-Fix karma autostart to turn on wifiled

-Fix karma autostart karma log not working properly. You may need to

About the deauth, I will be adding the "-e" option, I simply forgot.

The channel thing here seemed to make no difference, I tried different channels and got deauthed. That shouldn't work.

I will look into the issue.

Best,

Sebkinne

Update:

Log has been fixed, I will update the first post in a few minutes

Swoot! Thank you very much Seb. I will try out this new version as soon as its posted.

Mr. Protocol/Seb - sign me up for the dev team as well! Enthusiastic and driven beta tester right here! :)

telot

Association log confirmed not working. Everything else Karma related seems to be working great. I fired up my 'victim' test box and it got karma'd immediately upon bootup. Testing some deauth goodness now :)

EDIT: I changed the AP channel to 6, to match my router I'm trying to deauth. I rebooted the pineapple to ensure the changes took effect. Now association log is working fine. Strange...

EDIT#2: Entire access point deauth'ing successful. Karma didn't stop or miss a beat whatsoever. Now I'll try deauthing a particular client on that access point. Things are looking good Seb!

EDIT#3: Specifying a client works beautifully. :)

telot

Edited by telot

Association log confirmed not working. Everything else Karma related seems to be working great. I fired up my 'victim' test box and it got karma'd immediately upon bootup. Testing some deauth goodness now :)

EDIT: I changed the AP channel to 6, to match my router I'm trying to deauth. I rebooted the pineapple to ensure the changes took effect. Now association log is working fine. Strange...

EDIT#2: Entire access point deauth'ing successful. Karma didn't stop or miss a beat whatsoever. Now I'll try deauthing a particular client on that access point. Things are looking good Seb!

EDIT#3: Specifying a client works beautifully. :)

telot

Association log can take around 15s to first show connected clients.

I am glad that deauth works properly, but you had to manually change the channel?

If so, I will have to automate that.

Best,

Sebkinne

Cheers to Seb and Digininja. Wish I had been able to get involved in this release but a family emergency had me tied up in Virginia. Looking forward to testing the latest builds and getting some more feature goodness on this little guy. Love the new hostapd_cli based management! Thanks everyone for testing / providing feedback.

Just flash to 2.0.1 everything just fine

Association log, i can see my blackberry connected to pineapple

Agree with telot, deauthentification channel must be set at wireless configuration manually but deauth function work great

I've few question,

- i see autostart, can i know that function ? Is it bring every modules (mk3,url snarf,ngrep) to start at start up. ?

- at configuration tab, i see change karma SSID can i know what it is ? Because i tried to change the ssid but no luck

- ssid black list and white list, please someone explain it to me in short :) :) :)

Just found the answer here

http://www.digininja.org/jasager/docs_black_white.php

Thank you sebkinne and all the people developing this great firmware for us.

Edited by Marlboro Filter

Have 2.0.1 working on the following hardware, added my script to enable wifi regardless of karma being on or off after flashing

Fon 2100 A/B/C/D/F

Fon 2200

Fon 2201

Open Mesh 3201A

Open Mesh OM1P

**will test the OM2P when the time comes**

Alfa AP51

Alfa iMesh51

Alfa **** ( new hardware i am testing and not sure if everything works yet)

Edited by Ghostshell

Have 2.0.1 working on the following hardware, added my script to enable wifi regardless of karma being on or off after flashing

Fon 2100 A/B/C/D/F

Fon 2200

Fon 2201

Open Mesh 3201A

Open Mesh OM1P

**will test the OM2P when the time comes**

Alfa AP51

Alfa iMesh51

Alfa **** ( new hardware i am testing and not sure if everything works yet)

Script to enable wifi?

Could you elaborate what you mean? Wifi is enabled on boot afaik.

Best,

Sebkinne

Same for DNS Spoof also crashes the Fon, i think the amount of Ram is simply too low on this device, i mean it is not Problem for me to let URLSnarf run on the Laptop.

Still thinking about a Ram upgrade of my little box, but my soldering skills are just not good enought, will need a little bit more practice. Or maybe fitting an SD Card as swap.

Hi, To Everyone and thanks for your hard work on the new firmware 2.0.1.Can't wait for 3.0 firmware.

The unit is flashed with 2.0.1 and normal configuration.

The issue that I am having in the GUI after turning off Karma is that it just hangs their and does not refresh the page so then I unplug the MK3 unit and then plug it back in, long story short. I can't access the MK3 unit after that.So the only way to access the MK3 unit again is to reflash the unit with fon-flash-gui for linux and then the unit works again. I am also pinging the unit at the same time to see if there is a connection, but there is no connection before or after unplug the unit.

Also, I can't remember how to upload/download files with the MK3 unit in a Linux OS. I know that using WinSCP for windows will work, but as of right know I don't have a windows box handy.

Thanks,