Internet Sharing On Android Smartphone

Im able to interface with the pineapple via my smartphones browser with no issues. Is there a way to bridge the internet connection from my smartphone? Maybe an ethernet to micro usb cable to plug into the phones data port? Just trying to toss out some suggestions while pondering this. There's gotta be a way to take the laptop out of the equation to turn the pineapple into the ultimate portable unit. Is there an app for that?! idk...

i was thinking the same thoughts just with a jailbroken iphone/ipad instead, mostly because there is already 2 diffrent CISCO console cables for IOS wich uses the RJ45 connecter, so my guess is that someone with the rigth coding skills could use one of theese cables for ethernet instead of console?

http://redpark.myshopify.com/products/console-cable

and

http://bestcelldist.com/apple_iphone_3g_serial_data_cable_flexserial.html with an DB9 to RJ45 rollover cable

i was thinking the same thoughts just with a jailbroken iphone/ipad instead, mostly because there is already 2 diffrent CISCO console cables for IOS wich uses the RJ45 connecter, so my guess is that someone with the rigth coding skills could use one of theese cables for ethernet instead of console?

http://redpark.myshopify.com/products/console-cable

and

http://bestcelldist.com/apple_iphone_3g_serial_data_cable_flexserial.html with an DB9 to RJ45 rollover cable

Console cables are serial cables, not ethernet, they just use the same plug.

Console cables are serial cables, not ethernet, they just use the same plug.

yes, i know its not the same thing, im a CISCO tech... but if all 4 cables used for 10/100 ethernet is connected in the RJ45 plug, would it then not be possible to make a "software network card" that is sending/reciving on the rigth connectors?..

i see it with other stuff all the time, where people with great coding skills writes some code, and makes hardware do stuff its not supose to, and i admit that my coding skills is close to non-existing, i can mod shell and javascripts if they got errors, and thats pretty much it, thats why im trowing it out there :)

yes, i know its not the same thing, im a CISCO tech... but if all 4 cables used for 10/100 ethernet is connected in the RJ45 plug, would it then not be possible to make a "software network card" that is sending/reciving on the rigth connectors?..

i see it with other stuff all the time, where people with great coding skills writes some code, and makes hardware do stuff its not supose to, and i admit that my coding skills is close to non-existing, i can mod shell and javascripts if they got errors, and thats pretty much it, thats why im trowing it out there :)

Pretty sure it doesn't have the correct connections in the dock port. I know it has video, audio, serial, power, and usb pins. Pretty sure there are no Ethernet pins.

The only thing that comes to mind would be perhaps a rooted android tablet running backtrack 5 for arm with usb host mode and a usb to ethernet adapter, but that's a bit of a cludge. There are some off-beat android tablets that sport ethernet ports, but no idea if they'll work with bt5 arm. Shame the MiFi type devices don't do ethernet either. Agreed it would be beautiful to take the laptop out of the mix. Something we'll work on for the next version of the hardware I'm sure.

I am doing somthing like that and it works briliently. Happy to help if I can? This is my setup:

Internet <---- GSM----<Nexus One(as AP)<----(Wifi)-----PC (Samsung Q1)<-----(Eth)----Pineapple<----Noobs

I have the ap51 and Q1 in my bag. ap51 powerd from the q1. Then I rdp into backtrak on the q1 from my laptop using RDP in windowz and xrdp on ubuntu (bt5 r1). No cables at all, works like a dreem with no suspicious looks. I get about 4 hours from one charge.

Only problem I have just now is getting routing (forwarding) to work in star bucks. but mos other places work. Evan got it working via WPA routers.

Let me know if you need help.

MaxDamage

Just a thought, How about a rasbery pi running ARM BT5 ........

Haha I thought if I mentioned the raspberry pi + pineapple combo one more time, I'd be accused of being a broken record.

YES YES and more YES. Its going to be awesome.

telot

Nice, Next week we should know when they ship. It is probably going to be end of Jan now. The B board is on its way to the UK as we speak :).

MaxDamage

Oh man I can't WAIT to get my hands on some raspberrypi B models!!! Indeed, looks like we'll be able to get our hands on 'em sooner than later according to the site!

And that damn telot has been like broken record with his raspberrypi!!! :) :) :) :) :)

j/k! I would have never known about the raspberry had telot not brought it up (thanks for the info, brother!!)! It looks like an amazing project, and I really dig the charitable angle on that project, it'll be money well spent!

I'm sooo excited...BT5R1 would be incredible to have on one of those units.

I've got some extra AP51/MK3's..I'd LOVE to pair one with a raspberrypi and see where it goes. Getting BT5R1 on there would be pure nirvana!!

Now I'm gettin' all pins & needles about it...gonna have to check the site every day to try to get my hands on 'em! :)

Ok...WUT?!?!?!

BT5 ARM installed successfully on a rooted Xoom?!?!?!?!

I just *happen* to HAVE such a device basically sitting here collecting dust!!!

I am going to be SOOO busy tonight!

BT5 ARM on a Xoom

shit-just-got-real.jpg

Probably not going to work the way you want it to. It's in a chrooted environment, so you won't get a lot of use out of it.