Problems With Sslstrip In Bt5

stealthpod

for the past few days or so i've been trying to get sslstrip to work on my computer following the instructions provided by Hak5 and sslstrip its self. however i keep running into the same problem, once everything is set up and running i go to my target pc and attempt to browse the web and nothing happens. regardless of whether or not the site is a https site or not it just sits there loading and then finally gives up and gives me an error. i've double checked my setup multiple times and it seems correct but still no luck... if anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate them. thanks

Did you enable IPv4 forwarding in the IP tables?

Could you also provide the error you are receiving?

Edited by Infiltrator

im running a Backtrack 5 r1 in a VMware virtual machine, yes i did set the the ipv4 to forward the list of code im imputing is as follows

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -t NAT -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

arpspoof -i eth0 {router IP} -t {target IP}

run sslstrip

im not getting any specific error message everything runs correctly and looks like its fine but when i try to browse the web on the target machine, web pages never load