Mark Iii: [question] Connecting Pineapple To Internet

Hey guys! Yesterday I received my Wifi Pineapple and I just have one big noob question. Do I have to connect the Wifi Pineapple to my laptop using an Ethernet Cable everytime I use it in order to share the internet connection? I want to know if its possible to connect the Wifi Pineapple wirelessly to a nerby access point from which it would get the internet connection instead of sharing the laptop's internet connection with the wifi pineapple through an ethernet cable. Thank you very much for your help!! Btw AWESOME SHOW!!!

You need to have it connected to the laptop using an ethernet cable to have ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), or directly plugged into an active network.

Thanks for your answer Mr-Protocol! So there is no possible way of connecting the wifi pineapple wirelessly to a nearby access point to get internet access? Thanks!

How about with the Alfa AWUS051NH You can configure AWUS051NH with ad-hoc mode to connect to other 2.4GHz/5.8GHz wireless computers, or with Infrastructure mode to connect to a wireless AP or router for accessing to Internet. Turn on internet sharing?