Backtrack5 Cluster

flame

hi everyone.

can anyone help me out plz. i wont to make a 3 pc cluster with backtrack 5 r1. one pc as master and the other 2 as a cluster for processing and other stuff thx

If you are looking to crack passwords, don't go cluster, use GPU's. Hashcat in Backtrack has cuda support built in. If you are looking for clusters for something else, need a good reason to do so. Can't see anyone wanting to do a cluster with backtrack. Its not meant for high end calculations and server processing, or batch processing with load distribution. Would be better served by headless servers of some sort, even GPU clusters for high end processing across multiple machines that in themselves contain multiple GPU's. I always wonder why people ask how to build clusters when its generally meant for high end research and development or super computing. Not something I could see being very usefull for backtrack. Cloud based backtrack on the other hand, giving you access to doing pentesting from the cloud, that is already out there if you want to pay for it.

If you are looking to crack passwords, don't go cluster, use GPU's. Hashcat in Backtrack has cuda support built in. If you are looking for clusters for something else, need a good reason to do so. Can't see anyone wanting to do a cluster with backtrack. Its not meant for high end calculations and server processing, or batch processing with load distribution. Would be better served by headless servers of some sort, even GPU clusters for high end processing across multiple machines that in themselves contain multiple GPU's. I always wonder why people ask how to build clusters when its generally meant for high end research and development or super computing. Not something I could see being very usefull for backtrack. Cloud based backtrack on the other hand, giving you access to doing pentesting from the cloud, that is already out there if you want to pay for it.

yer it was for password cracking and making hashes and that. the reason i ask for a cluster is that i have 3 servers at home sitting there doing nothing so i thought i would make them into a backtrack cluster to help speed up cracking and hash making.

Learn how to spell, don't cross-post, tell me why..

Maybe after all that I might have something to tell you

sorry that i am dyslexic. and yer i tried to delete one of them.

sorry that i am dyslexic. and yer i tried to delete one of them.

No problem man

See this link for what to do with old computers:

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=11525

All these ideas are better than a backtrack cluster. It may sound cool as hell in your head (and I agree) but in reality its just not efficient. I'd put the lowest power server to work as a firewall box, get another as a file/game/voip server, and have the other NAT'd off into a separate pentesting network. But thats just me.

telot

i already have a pentest lab. i have always fancied a supercomputer running backtrack that why i thought why not make a cluster with the servers that or just lying around. have a firewall and that already lol only thing i ant got is a supercomputer or cluster