School network? worth your time?

SloPOS

theres a way to make an account invisble to the eye but open it on a differnt users account on a workstation and server i've done it several times at school and at work and home i don't remember the whole process but at work i tryed it several months ago with cmd.exe and notepad.exe both ways work

wtf did you just say? I'm sorry but I hardly understood a word of that past the confusion and random inserts of technical terms.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a way to make an account invisble to the eye but open it on a differnt users account on a workstation and server i've done it several times at school and at work and home i don't remember the whole process but at work i tryed it several months ago with cmd.exe and notepad.exe both ways work

Punctuation is important.

did he mean:

You can create an account that cannot be detected etc, but you can somhow access it from any other user account. He has used it several time, and he has done this using cmd and notepad.

?

Im not sure how this can be done though if that is what he meant.

• 1 month later...
just out of intrest, how many people are on a first name basis and are friendly with the admin/technition within your school? i know i am

Not on a first name basis, however I did offer to join a computer group that he was sponsoring until I found out a number of things:

1.) The group was a complete joke, students did nothing in it besides sit around because they thought it would get them out of class.

2.) Our Admin is a n00b. I have 2 or 3 passes of our staff, and last year I had the main admin password. (...it was 'password'). Our old admin was worse, some kid got on a pr0n site and the admin was looking at the mouse settings to find the IE history :lol:.

3.) And finally, I HAVE TO FIX THE CRAP HE BREAKS. He ordered a new mobo for a computer in the art room because the monitor was going off every 20 minutes when left unattended (...power settings anyone?).

Heh. He originally taught a science class and has like zero knowledge about computers.

• 2 weeks later...

my school sucks each semester they give us an account (a network drive that can be accessed on every pc) that is only 15MB.. the username is formulated with your initials ( William L. Gates) that is "wlg" and of course plus your student number ( 09475) that is "wlg09475" and a default password "laboratory" .. my question is is there a way to hack that network drive.. aw.. i bet their network security has loop holes.. since im in a country that technoloy is behind 30 years compared to USA.