School network? worth your time?

SloPOS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, at MY school, they use the newest mac G5's and have an almighty god (admin) comp that looks over everything your doing... You can't insert disks and they have limited your web use so you can only go on Google, Wikipedia, and their own home site. :shock:

Which means you can visit practically any site as long as you use Google's cache?

my school usta use your ssn for login and a simple first two letters of last name and numerical birthdate. They did good this semester though its all randomized... well im sure its not really random, but i cannot find a pattern in it yet.

Huh, at MY school, they use the newest mac G5's and have an almighty god (admin) comp that looks over everything your doing... You can't insert disks and they have limited your web use so you can only go on Google, Wikipedia, and their own home site. :shock:

Which means you can visit practically any site as long as you use Google's cache?

No, as I said they have an "almighty god admin" watching over every comp, looking for "non-educational" items.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you must crack school networks, be VERY careful. Most often, those in charge of administering the networks know nothing. I almost got suspended for running Portable Firefox off my USB key. They couldn't get me with violating my ToS, so they got me with "willful disobedience". They compared it to driving a Porsche down a major street at 3AM at 160km/h.

Personally, I just looked over the techs shoulder when he logged in (computers should NOT be that close), and to bypass web filters, I installed circumventor on my home computer and used that as a web-based proxy.

My schools run by retards THEY BLOCK DIGG! They call it a messageboard/newsgroup. But I can still visit Hak5...

Normally, I'm against severe black hat hacking, but I honestly wish someone would release a virus on our schools network. Even if for nothing more than to know that a bunch of idiots are trying to fix the virus. Or maybe the floppy disk bombs...

Ya finally someone said something about a circumventor. Peacefire.org offers a ton of them and you can let some lame chinese dude use it. NOT... But i have used a couple off some other dudes computer and they work like a sip..... Also, abou web blocks. Use translate.google.com translate from spanish to english even though the page isn't in spanish. althoiugh some fitures on web pages don't work like you can't login to hak.5 waaaaaaa

I facing some problems with a school network myself. I'm trying to get the school admin password (just as a personal challenge) while working around Fortress, Symantec, DeepFreeze, and the highly annoying Novell Login. The one thing I have going for me is that almost all the computers in the school have the admin account, and a few of them have compromised security. I managed to get Symantec to go into a constant reconfig loop, but it still knocks out Pwdump.

I facing some problems with a school network myself. I'm trying to get the school admin password (just as a personal challenge) while working around Fortress, Symantec, DeepFreeze, and the highly annoying Novell Login.

If you have time you could always boot up something like Auditor (http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Auditor_main) and use the included pwdump utility to dump the Admin password hash then take it home and decrypt it with some rainbow tables.

Our high school uses a community college for some of it computer classes..and when i go there, they let me bring my laptop and i dont have to use a login or anything. All i do is plug in a cat5 and im on the network.

I just don't know what I can do yet. :roll:

Nmap the crap out of it?

I facing some problems with a school network myself. I'm trying to get the school admin password (just as a personal challenge) while working around Fortress, Symantec, DeepFreeze, and the highly annoying Novell Login.

If you have time you could always boot up something like Auditor (http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Auditor_main) and use the included pwdump utility to dump the Admin password hash then take it home and decrypt it with some rainbow tables.

I'm aware of auditor, I'm personally trying to challenge myself to create an integrated software package to temporarily drop Fortress and Symantec and give me full computer access. The problem I'm having is finding chinks in Fortress.

Edit: Though, as a sidenote, I don't know the BIOS PW on any of the computers, and the BIOSes aren't set to boot from CD.

One question that I have: Even when I get Symantec to bugger off, I've been consistently getting an error from PWDump. It is as follows:

BindUploadShareToLocalDrive returned an error of 5

Unable to find a writable share or available local drive on (I'm auditing the comp name)

This is vexing me, because I'm not sure exactly what this means. Is it because Fortress is locking down file creation, because that doesn't seem to make sense considering I've done this on admin accounts too.

just out of intrest, how many people are on a first name basis and are friendly with the admin/technition within your school? i know i am

I've had the Admin as an instructor, for several classes, and basically allows us to "hack" each others computers, as long as we don't destroy their homework, or use packet sniffers. He sees it as a learning experience, so when we're the Admin we know how to defend ourselves, and our computers. In other words changing the default passwords (usually "123456" for root and "1234" for the user) and keeping software up to date.

Our admin, comes into the room, runs a scripts, leaves the room for hte server, then comes back when the scripts done. He basically hides. Then the libarians (who have admin privliges) don't know a thing aobut school networks. I already explained the Firefox issue, and the Digg blocking.

just out of intrest, how many people are on a first name basis and are friendly with the admin/technition within your school? i know i am

I was while I was a senior. I helped the admin with basic tasks, then as time grew on, I eventually earned a full time position.

Now I am an admin. :)

so yes I am on a first name basis with my admin and am friendly with myself. :p

theres a way to make an account invisble to the eye but open it on a differnt users account on a workstation and server i've done it several times at school and at work and home i don't remember the whole process but at work i tryed it several months ago with cmd.exe and notepad.exe both ways work