Staggering the sending of e-mails in Outlook Express

leetabix

Back with another question, I prematurely apologise for asking more than knowing, but I guess for the latter to develop you need to do a bit of the former! Have searched google and couldn't find anything.

Basically, the question I would like to know the answer of is 'how do I stagger the sending of an e-mail?' And if not possible with Outlook Express, which other client would I need? This was a problem posed to me in temporary work I engaged for some quick money before starting university again, and I wasn't able to tinker with the company's settings so their mailing list could be sent in the evening sometime.

Is this client-side or serverside?

i.e. you have a bunch of emails you want to send out kinda slowly, or you have a mailserver for everybody, and only want it to send the received email to your ISP for further processing every 5 minutes or so?

Is this client-side or serverside?

i.e. you have a bunch of emails you want to send out kinda slowly, or you have a mailserver for everybody, and only want it to send the received email to your ISP for further processing every 5 minutes or so?

I should've checked. It's a medium sized restaurant chain I worked for, I'm guessing server side mail server, hosted by whatever ISP they use. The mailing list is basically to inform previous customers of christmas booking times, but the company wants them sent out in the evening (7pm ish I heard if I remember correctly). As for why...I do not know. I know some of the people in the office stay untill 6pm at least, so why they just can't send it then, and leave the office (sending it to ~1500 people will take some time, and the receipt of the mail in some cases more so).

Still, this is their problem not mine-therefore don't rack your brains and go out of your way too much, I just hated having a dilema I couldn't solve (even though I won't get any additional pay for the matter)-I guess it's something inbred in the minds of most of us forum members here :).

Doesn't Exchange have some sort of timed release thing?

Where it'll hold on to an email, and send it at a given time? I'm pretty sure my sis did that with me for my birthday at least once. Not entirely sure it was using Exchange, but fairly likely.