Flood_router6 Error

zurek

I have installed BackTrack 5 R1 x64 on my laptop when I try to run "flood_router6" (whether on eth0 or wlan1) I get an error

Starting to flood network with router advertisements on eth0 (Press Control-C to end, a dot is printed for every 100 packet):
..............................Error sending packet no. 3013 on interface eth0: No buffer space available

This error does not appear when using the VMware Workstation BackTrack'a 8 in Windows 7

I will be grateful for your help

Do you have the proper drivers installed?

Yes, I have installed all drivers. In my opinion this is not a driver problem becouse I have 3 network card 1. eth0 - Broadcom NetLink; 2. Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN; 3. Alfa AWUS051NH on each is the same error. Difference is only in the number of transmitted packets on eth0 were sent about 3000, on WiFi cards were sent about 100-200 packet

I noticed that if on my Alfa I'm not connected to any network, packets are send as they should, the same situation is when I disconnect my cable from eth0.

I think it might be a problem in my system, becouse in VM I have BT5 x32 and as my normal system I have installed BT5 x64.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my english

Possible a driver is not 64bit supported and causing the issue. My suggestion, try it with the 32 bit version instead. if still happens with 32 bit natively installed, then its the hardware not being compatible with the program or driver issue with that specific hardware.

Check the first link again, look at the very last post. Can you try to do what he says here and push your max transfer back and then try to command again. I have a feeling that may give different results.

Unfortunately it didn't work

Possible a driver is not 64bit supported and causing the issue. My suggestion, try it with the 32 bit version instead. if still happens with 32 bit natively installed, then its the hardware not being compatible with the program or driver issue with that specific hardware.

I think so too.

I found a solution in the official website of the project thc-ipv6

http://www.thc.org/thc-ipv6/README

LIMITATIONS

===========

This code currently only runs on:

- Linux 2.6.x (because of /proc usage)

- 32 Bit

I now working on an important project and didn't have time, probably I will install BT5 x32 in a few weeks

Thanks for your help

Edited by zurek

no, it works fine with 64bit.

the problem is that the tool wants to send faster than the network card can.

just edit the source and remove the if() ... return -1 around thc_generate_and_send_pkt

(on vmware the virtual network driver caches everything so it usually doesnt happen there)