Community Rainbow Tables

Famicoman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had a thought: Would anyone be interested in helping to develop a distributed rtgen system? I was thinging along the lines of fold@home or seti@home or the electricsheep project. The idea would be that Everyone downloads a client that uses spare CPU cycles to generate rainbow tables. I think it would be REALL REALLY cool. Anyone interested in maybe exploring the idea a litle more?

I just had a thought: Would anyone be interested in helping to develop a distributed rtgen system? I was thinging along the lines of fold@home or seti@home or the electricsheep project. The idea would be that Everyone downloads a client that uses spare CPU cycles to generate rainbow tables. I think it would be REALL REALLY cool. Anyone interested in maybe exploring the idea a litle more?

I really like this idea. Im surrounded by hundreds of computers that could lend some spare cycles on maybe a Sunday when nobody works.

Distributed rainbow table generation, sounds interesting. It would be cooler if the rainbow table itself were distributed, with lots of redundancy too. Maybe a small local rainbow table, if it can't be cracked there, then use the distributed one.

Distributed rainbow table generation, sounds interesting. It would be cooler if the rainbow table itself were distributed, with lots of redundancy too. Maybe a small local rainbow table, if it can't be cracked there, then use the distributed one.

mmm this is a good idea.../me thinks about it

I wanted to help :-(

But all the positions are fillled.... Oh well...

thier is one left

im gana try and take it i have never done this b4 so i gues it who get done first if you want to dubble team it.

rtgen lm all 1 7 6 9000 40000000 #15 is the one I am talking about.

Well, I know C and I'm interested, but I'm stretched a bit thin at the moment. I'd love to exchange ideas and concepts and maybe review some code, but I doubt I'll find the time to write some myself.

I wanted to help :-(

But all the positions are fillled.... Oh well...

Ditto...maybe we can start hosting the tables via BitTorrent or something to contribute? :cry:

I wanna help! :D

No kidding! Too bad I found out about this too late, otherwise I would have generated some tables, as well. If we decide to do some MD5 tables or another project, I'll definitely pitch in.

If you want to start signing up for bittorrent seeds, simply go to the hak5 irc,

irc.hak5.org

#Rainbowtables

irc://irc.hak5.org/Rainbowtables

There, you can hit up Silivrenion for info on seeding.

As for The next project, there are a number of possibilities of what type of hashes we will be aiming at next. We'll keep you posted.

• 3 years later...
Started late last night by caffeine addicted IRCrs.

http://hak5.org/wiki/index.php?title=Commu..._Rainbow_Tables

irc://irc.techphile.ca/RainbowTables

Have at it!

I kind of like your idea, and as a matter of fact I am also embarking on a similar project. But instead of having a client software connecting to a central server somewhere over the Atlantic. I am thinking in building my own distributed system.

I am still in the process of investigating what tools to use in order to achieve my goal.