Wifi Pineapple Wireless Config/karma Config

I'm new to the whole Hak5 world and the world of the wifipineapple. It really is a great device but because I'm new to all this I was wondering if anyone could help me out in how to configure wireless encryption when just using the device as a normal access point? Also, looking for some sample configurations of Karma that aren't default that could shed some light on how the program works and its potentials.

Thanks all!

OpenWrt is running under the hood so any of the configuration scripts on the openwrt wiki for setting up WEP or WPA-PSK will work. Basically you just update your /etc/config/wireless config file. With WPA you may need an additional library to be installed.

Hey Darren,

Thanks for the response. I'm still having issues though, when I disable karma my regular wireless configuration does absolutely nothing. No matter what is in that configuration file the networks never show and I can't connect to them. Also, every time I change a configuration file and update it. In order for it go into effect on the unit I need to disconnect the power and turn it back on(sometime more than once). Can you or anyone please explain this for me.

Thanks again,

SG

Hey Darren,

Thanks for the response. I'm still having issues though, when I disable karma my regular wireless configuration does absolutely nothing. No matter what is in that configuration file the networks never show and I can't connect to them. Also, every time I change a configuration file and update it. In order for it go into effect on the unit I need to disconnect the power and turn it back on(sometime more than once). Can you or anyone please explain this for me.

Thanks again,

SG

From my experience once karma has been enabled and then disabled the regular wireless interface does not come back up until the device is rebooted. This happens on both the new MK3's (ap51's) I own.

From my experience once karma has been enabled and then disabled the regular wireless interface does not come back up until the device is rebooted. This happens on both the new MK3's (ap51's) I own.

Upgrade to v1.9

The interface will come back up now.

Best,

Sebkinne