Miii Dhcp Question

So it has been a while since I used my MIII and now I am in a Las Vegas hotel for VMware training trying to get this to work. I can get everything to start up fine. (I think) but when my Windows laptop connects to the "internet" ssid it gets an ip of 192.168.10.x address. I thought it supposed to be a 172.16.42.x ip? Whats going on??????

No need for bumping, wont get people to respond any faster, we have day/night jobs and lives. The reasoning is that there is (just like any router) a WAN IP scheme (IP Address from your modem/ISP) and your WLAN IP Scheme (SSID: "Why-Fi'z"). Horray for NAT.

Yet again, simple networking concepts that need to be learned and understood before playing with an advanced device like the pineapple, iptables, etc.

Edited by Mr-Protocol

No need for bumping, wont get people to respond any faster, we have day/night jobs and lives. The reasoning is that there is (just like any router) a WAN IP scheme (IP Address from your modem/ISP) and your WLAN IP Scheme (SSID: "Why-Fi'z"). Horray for NAT.

Yet again, simple networking concepts that need to be learned and understood before playing with an advanced device like the pineapple, iptables, etc.

Ya, sorry about that, just want to get this thing working.

Interesting that you're getting a 192 address. What does your network config look like under the advanced menu? It should be dolling out addresses in 172.16.42.100-150. What happens if you DHCP from eth0?

Thats what I was thinking. The pineapple is 172.16.42.1 and dhcp looks right in the webif but when I see 'internet' ssid and connect I get a 192.168.10.x network. eth0 is connect to the Pineapple with a 172.16.42.42

Jm confused as you mentioned both webif and the SSID Internet.... are you on a mk2 or a mk3?

If the later and your network and dhcp configurations are st for he 172 range, km at a loss. I don't know where else dhcp might he specified...

I'm getting the same thing with my MK3. All the config files that I checked in the webif and if I ssh into it are set for 172 range, but any device that connects via wifi gets 192 range addresses. I did update to 1.0.2. and I checked my config files for ^M s. I'm sharing my internet from my desktop (en1 over en0 on a mac). Pineapple clients get internet fine, I just cant figure out why they aren't on the 172 range. If I unplug the ethernet between the pin and my mac and try to connect to pineapple over wifi. I won't get any ip from the pineapple. It won't connect. it just has a spinning progress meter that won't stop until I cancel the attempt. I did a factory reset and reboot I little while ago and I'm still getting the same thing. I doubt that cleared anything up, but if I get it working right I'll post back

EDIT:

I had dhcp enabled for ipv6 on my desktop (os x, providing internet connection) I shut that off and now pineapple clients are getting ips in the right range. I already had the ipv4 settings entered manually per setup instructions. It is taking a long time for a client to connect to the pineapple. I'm not sure whats going on with that.

Edited by Chancho