Wifi Pineapple Mark 3 Help

I got my wifi pineapple mark 3 like a week ago and set it up for internet sharing in windows and then accessed 172.16.42.1/pineapple I then enabled karma it opened up to 172.16.42.1/pineapple/startkarma or something like that can't remember exactly, well anyways I got a cannot connect. After that I have been unable to access 172.16.42.1/pineapple.

Now I have been trying to ssh into the pineapple using winscp I set host name: 172.16.42.42 and user name: root and Password: pineapplesareyummy I get a connection refused

Well I am wondering if someone can help me ssh into the pineapple so I can reflash it or if there is another way to fix my problem

I am a noob and would really appreciate the help thanks

Using winscp or ssh to get into 172.16.42.42 is wrong. the *.42 should be you (or the gateway).

The pineapple will always be on 172.16.42.1

Try SSHing into the pineapple first on that IP and see if that works. Maybe something got messed up somehow.

Best,

Sebkinne

Edited by sebkinne

Your pineapple lives at 172.16.42.1. The 172.16.42.42 is the recommended address for your computer. Set a static IP as 172.16.42.42 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0 and you should be able to ping 172.16.42.1 no problem. Then SSH to 172.16.42.1 with the username root and password pineapplesareyummy. You should also see something at http://172.16.42.1

Let us know what you find.