Dns Spoofing Mk Iii

Hi everyone,

After a bit of trial and error (as name implies - i'm learning - but presently suck), i have my new pineapple Mk III working.

Except DNS Spoofing.

Internet sharing is running fine (I know it doesn't matter for Spoofing but thought i should mention it), Karma is up and my iPad connects fine, but example.com and .org resolve to iana.org.

Spoofing is enabled, and the iPad DHCP network settings are as follows:

IP: 172.16.42.119

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Router: 172.16.42.42

DNS: 172.16.42.1, 208.67.222.222

searchdomain: lan

Can someone help me with the hopefully obvious thing i'm missing??

Is any other info needed?

Btw. I'm running the whole thing on a virtual ubuntu 11 on a mbp

Thanks a bunch

Hi everyone,

After a bit of trial and error (as name implies - i'm learning - but presently suck), i have my new pineapple Mk III working.

Except DNS Spoofing.

Internet sharing is running fine (I know it doesn't matter for Spoofing but thought i should mention it), Karma is up and my iPad connects fine, but example.com and .org resolve to iana.org.

Spoofing is enabled, and the iPad DHCP network settings are as follows:

IP: 172.16.42.119

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Router: 172.16.42.42

DNS: 172.16.42.1, 208.67.222.222

searchdomain: lan

Can someone help me with the hopefully obvious thing i'm missing??

Is any other info needed?

Btw. I'm running the whole thing on a virtual ubuntu 11 on a mbp

Thanks a bunch

Where is it getting that 2nd DNS from? That's where id start looking.

I ran it all straight up on.a Win7 box, using a droid to connect, and it worked flawlessly. Just enabled dns spoofing and example.com resolved to a page that says something to.the effect.of "THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF SPOOFING".

Id guess that ipad is drawing from the 2nd DNS, or its cached that dns entry and uses it now. Id look into why the ipad has the.2nd dns entry.

Edited by hfam

Where is it getting that 2nd DNS from? That's where id start looking.

I ran it all straight up on.a Win7 box, using a droid to connect, and it worked flawlessly. Just enabled dns spoofing and example.com resolved to a page that says something to.the effect.of "THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF SPOOFING".

Id guess that ipad is drawing from the 2nd DNS, or its cached that dns entry and uses it now. Id look into why the ipad has the.2nd dns entry.

Thanks for replying :)

I was eyeing that dns entry, but it comes from the pineapple.

If you go to the configuration pane in the web interface for the pineapple and scroll down to the block that says DHCP you will find that dns listed a couple of times along with 8.8.8.8.

Also when not using internetsharing (i.e. just booting the pineapple solo)...I can still get on the pineapple network and turn on spoofing....but example.com and org then just don't load (along with everything else, since i'm not online).

Shouldn't it in this case try both DNS entrys?

Thanks again

Thanks for replying :)

I was eyeing that dns entry, but it comes from the pineapple.

If you go to the configuration pane in the web interface for the pineapple and scroll down to the block that says DHCP you will find that dns listed a couple of times along with 8.8.8.8.

Also when not using internetsharing (i.e. just booting the pineapple solo)...I can still get on the pineapple network and turn on spoofing....but example.com and org then just don't load (along with everything else, since i'm not online).

Shouldn't it in this case try both DNS entrys?

Thanks again

Intreesting. Ive got.to run an errand and then ill fire it all back up and take another peek at it. I guess.I assumed that since the.MK3 is spoofing DNS, it would insist the target always look to it to resolve DNS, not sure how it could work otherwise if the target.can resolve on.another DNS server.

Back in.about an hour! ;)