Mkiii Open Networks Are Not Associating

Screamms,

Devices broadcasting network? As in access points? They will not get connected to the pineapple. Clients will though!

If that is what you mean that is a different issue :)

Best,

Sebkinne

I mean clients. Have an iPad set to connect to an open network. Made sure that network is no longer available and the iPad is configured to connect to that network when available. Not seeing anything connect to the pineapple when karma is running. Please let me know if you would like to see any logs or config

EDIT: Does the open network need to still be available and in range for the pineapple to steal their clients?

Thanks

Edited by Screamms

Hi Guys

Any tips for this? Should I just try and reflash the device?

Thanks

I wouldn't be doing a reflash just yet, that's sort of a scorched earth approach if you ask me.

Checklist.

In this order.

- Start Airmon first. Located on the Right side of the WebUI

- Now start Karma - Left side of WebUI

- iPad has to be looking for available access points. Make sure it didn't connect to another access point while you were messing around with something else.

You could try removing all the AP's in your iPad list.

Then make something up completely out of left field ... lemme see "Pineapples are Great" or "This is a FAKE"

You should see the AP become available in your list of available access points with an Open Security and whatever Strength level. (I'm not that familiar with the iPad sorry)

Connect to it if you haven't already. Now you should see your iPad in the ARP Log list on the Pineapple WebUI.

Hope this helps a little bit... doing a reflash seems a bit more drastic and harder, especially when it seems like you're almost there.

Edited by wcs

I wouldn't be doing a reflash just yet, that's sort of a scorched earth approach if you ask me.

Checklist.

In this order.

- Start Airmon first. Located on the Right side of the WebUI

- Now start Karma - Left side of WebUI

- iPad has to be looking for available access points. Make sure it didn't connect to another access point while you were messing around with something else.

You could try removing all the AP's in your iPad list.

Then make something up completely out of left field ... lemme see "Pineapples are Great" or "This is a FAKE"

You should see the AP become available in your list of available access points with an Open Security and whatever Strength level. (I'm not that familiar with the iPad sorry)

Connect to it if you haven't already. Now you should see your iPad in the ARP Log list on the Pineapple WebUI.

Hope this helps a little bit... doing a reflash seems a bit more drastic and harder, especially when it seems like you're almost there.

I agree. If this fails, just reflash. Reflashing takes about 10-15 minutes and hasn't caused any problems till now, but hey, if it isn't needed, no reason to do it!

Unless you want some of the newer functionality. But that is not pressing I would say.

Best,

Sebkinne

Thanks guys

Performed the following;

I removed all of my cached networks on my iPad and iPhone

Recreated another Open Wifi network on a spare AP I have.

Connected the iPad to it

Turned off the AP

Setup the MKIII

Bingo!!! Jobs on.. think I had some funnies with ESSID or something being cached before

Quick question: Well maybe not a quick answer..

Q: What kind of firewall rules on the MITM laptop would I need to presend the traffic to something like SSLStrip?