i need to lower my standards

1337n00b

Talking of Steve Irwin picking up women at a bar...

Steve Irwin walks into a bar with his pet crocodile by his side. He puts the croc up on the bar. He then turns to the astonished patrons and says, “I’ll make you a deal. I’ll open this croc’s mouth and place my genitalia inside. Then the croc will close his mouth for one minute. Then he’ll open his mouth and I’ll remove my genitalia unscathed. In return for witnessing this spectacle, each of you will buy me a drink.â€

The crowd murmured in unanimous approval. Steve stood up on the bar, dropped his trousers, and placed his privates in the crocodile’s open mouth. The croc closed his mouth as the crowd gasped. After a minute, Irwin grabbed a beer bottle and smacked the croc hard on the top of its head.

The croc opened his mouth and he removed his genitals unscathed as promised. The crowd cheered and the first of his free drinks were delivered.

Steve stood up again and made another offer. “I’ll pay anyone $100 who’s willing to give it a try.†A hush fell over the crowd.

After awhile, a hand went up in the back of the bar. A blonde woman timidly spoke up… “I’ll try it! Just don’t hit me too hard with the beer bottle!â€

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read alll the posts and I get the idea that you guys don't think I have any clue on how to pick up women. I've had a few girlfriends in the past, I know how to pick up women. It's just sometimes, I go for the ones that are out of my league without noticing it till afterwards. No, I'm not saying I'm a player; I am a shy guy but I'm not helpless either.

well, gee whiz, if your all that, why did you ask for advice on a tech forum?

I've read alll the posts and I get the idea that you guys don't think I have any clue on how to pick up women. I've had a few girlfriends in the past, I know how to pick up women. It's just sometimes, I go for the ones that are out of my league without noticing it till afterwards. No, I'm not saying I'm a player; I am a shy guy but I'm not helpless either.

well, gee whiz, if your all that, why did you ask for advice on a tech forum?

I didn't. I was just summarising a story, one of my weaknesses and that I got denied. You guys just took it as if I was asking for dating tips. But I guess I shouldn't have even started the thread in the first place.

Well, regardless of what you were looking for, hopefully you were able to take whatever you found useful out of the posts, while the rest of us can draw on other people's/your posts and perpetuate this thread into a new region of discussion. Everyone's a winner so to speak. Except Steve Irwin.

My $0.02

If you don't like what i have to say, either deal with it, or reply in an intelligent manner with logical couter-arguments. Stupid flames will be ignored.

Always go for the really hot girls.

Me reasoning for this is as follows:

Let's assume that looks and personality are completely unrelated. I think it's quite reasonable to say this given that the genes that account for the way that bone, muscle and other flesh is distributed over the face are completely unrelated to the ones that determine the cognitive processes that form the personality that a person has.

Once you accept this you must also accept that going after an attractive or an unattractive person does in no way determine whether they are a pleasant or unpleasant person, or have a personality that you're going to like, or whatever girly bullshit you want to be told about relationships.

Therefore, since you obviously like prettier girls over girls that you find unattractive and since their looks are unrelated to their personality, go after the really hot girls. They are just as likely to be nice as the ugly girls, but they ALSO are more pleasing physically.

And do not for a second feel guilty that mabey you're being superficial about girls. This crap that you've been told about how you should treat girls is BULLSHIT! The truth is that girls are a million times worse and more superficial than you could ever imagine.

The reality is that girls have an incredible amount of sexual power over men. The median number of times per week that a 22yo american female has sex is double for a 22ya american male. Trust me, it's not that 22yo american females are having orgies of lesbian sex. The reality is that girls go after the few most hottest guys, they make their decisions on who they are going to be with based on very superficial judgements of men. Thats right! If you read an understood the last sentance properly you will realise that there are a select few men who get all the women, while the rest are left to fight over the scraps.

The reality of the feminist revolution is that women have, OUT OF CHOICE, decided to exist in herems, where there are many women available to only a select few men. Obviously these aren't formally groups or anything at all of that sort, it's simply that there are some attractive men, (men who have the superficial qualities that they seem immediately attractive to women) that they can easily have women, and others for whom getting women is MUCH more difficult.

Don't listen to any feminist bullshit about girls and their personality or that you shouldn't think about looks. Girls would be unlikely to do the same for you. The only people who you can expect loyalty from are men and your pet dogs, certainly not women.

My $0.02

Let's assume that looks and personality are completely unrelated. I think it's quite reasonable to say this given that the genes that account for the way that bone, muscle and other flesh is distributed over the face are completely unrelated to the ones that determine the cognitive processes that form the personality that a person has.

Well, I'd say that when born this is the case, but environmental factors, and developmental psychology would mean that women with looks considered to be 'attractive' by the vast majority of people make that person more shallow (generally, not always of course)-possibly due to them specifically knowing that due to their self-awareness of their heightened looks, they can allow for a more shallow personality as they don't have to 'make an effort' to attract guys. This attitude that the person has access to anyone they want creates a similar effect to kids that have rich parents and lavish them with money-no value for other things or monetary value itself. One could also say they're 'spoilt' and develop a similar mentally.

This would then be the opposite for ugly/fat girls who are generally considered to be 'unattractive.' They would have to have a better personality to make up for the lack of looks they have. That, or die a bitter and twisted individual! Or lose weight. Or have cosmetic surgery.

My Best friend And no.. Its not a picture of my hand :P

I've known her for years, she is a local singer/songwriter and everyone I know say she is hot and tbh I have to agree with them :P but I wont ask her out. We get on like a house on fire as it is. I got around for meals and just to chill out, Im her roadie when she goes to gigs (which is great fun) we spend countless times in the pub getting drunk and tbh she knows more of my deep dark secrets then anyone else, Most peps who see us out and about think we are an item. At times "Hot" girls arnt all they are cracked up to be. If I was going out with her, I prob would be worrying all the time as i know she gets chatted up all the time, I know i would end up messing it up somehow as i'm not the most stable person on the planet. But I feel out relationship is perfect. In times of good We are laughing, joking and have a real good time, in time of bad we are always there for each other to cheer each other up and have a cry on each other sholders. as we are we get our own freedom, space. stuff you dont always get when your "going out".

i'm not saying lower you expections, just stop going for the one liners and get to know the girl first. I dont think me and rach will ever "go out" but I'm happy with that and tbh I prefere her sister anyways.

---

My 3rd post YAY o/ /me does a little dance around the forum

True leetabix.

I think the original question was actually about lowering standards to obtain the less attractive girls, given that the more attractive ones have more guys going after them and with the additional competition, are harder to obtain.

Hey, if it makes you happy to settle for the ugly chiks, that's ok. Personally i think that the best thing to do is to try extra harder to get the hotter ones.

It's a questions of what is more important to you. The extra happiness of having a hotter gf, or avoiding the pain of the more rejections that you would have to go through in order to obtain a hotter gf.

Link doesn't work, but i'll take your word that she's a hottie

also, if you have been friends with her for a long time and she's not your gf yet, then you don't have a chance of her being your gf anyway. After you become "the friend" you are an asexual being to her and have basically no chance with her whatsoever.

Link works fine for me and I think she's a beauty.

I wouldn't consider the less-than-hot girls ugly. I'd jsut consider them beautiful in their own way. And it's not that I'm going after ugly girls, I'm just gonna get more involved with the ones that are in my league.

Links works for me also-site might've had temporary problems with the web hosting. Only saw the one photo of her (the front page one) and there's something about her face...it's kinda weird, awkward smile possibly? Her eyes kinda look cute though. Don't know, would have to meet her in person, photos are a terrible way of judging someone generally.

I think what can be gleaned from this is that you should do what feels comfortable and is within your reach. Build on experience, and when a lack of it is present, act instinctively, it's a learning process. If you feel comfortable being with a less attractive girl than you're used to, do so. If not, keep your bar set high and don't deviate/settle for less!

also, if you have been friends with her for a long time and she's not your gf yet, then you don't have a chance of her being your gf anyway. After you become "the friend" you are an asexual being to her and have basically no chance with her whatsoever.

Yeah I know it didn't. I typed it wrong, then changed it like 2 mins later :p

Read the sig :p

as to being "the friend" we have been very close to becoming something more, when we first became friends something could of happened but i was not in a place to do anything and now yeah its gone too far, but hey its cool :)

Yeah I know it didn't. I typed it wrong, then changed it like 2 mins later :p

Read the sig :p

But...but...Mulder and Scully!

Nah, sometimes the situation changes-but it's incredibly tense and awkward if it doesn't work out-you'll basically end up not talking to other if you become close and blow it, it's a given. It's optimal to get to know a girl as a friend then get into something, but I prefer dating for the aforementioned reason. Man, I still fall hard and fast for the odd girl, they're the ones it doesn't work out with beyond dating also, sucks.

I need to find a girl I personally regard as attractive and friendly, who loves playing online games and is into computer technology, and also enjoys nymphomaniac-like sex sessions. However, we all know that's like looking out for the morning pig fly-by from the local farm.

I need to find a girl I personally regard as attractive and friendly, who loves playing online games and is into computer technology, and also enjoys nymphomaniac-like sex sessions. However, we all know that's like looking out for the morning pig fly-by from the local farm.

LOL, rach came around to my house to have, ummm a smoke ;) and my 360 was set up on the TV downstairs. The next thing i know she is playing street fighter, zuma and :o battlefield.

Dam it. i am gonna shut up now. the more i think about it WHY THE F*** DIDN'T TRY ANYTHING MUCH SOONER :p

Oh yeah, with the photo. lol yeah its not the best in the world. she will say herself "Look at the chin" she is having more done but hates having her pic taken, took something like 6 months to get that one for the site.

My Best friend And no.. Its not a picture of my hand :P

I've known her for years, she is a local singer/songwriter and everyone I know say she is hot and tbh I have to agree with them :P but I wont ask her out. We get on like a house on fire as it is. I got around for meals and just to chill out, Im her roadie when she goes to gigs (which is great fun) we spend countless times in the pub getting drunk and tbh she knows more of my deep dark secrets then anyone else, Most peps who see us out and about think we are an item. At times "Hot" girls arnt all they are cracked up to be. If I was going out with her, I prob would be worrying all the time as i know she gets chatted up all the time, I know i would end up messing it up somehow as i'm not the most stable person on the planet. But I feel out relationship is perfect. In times of good We are laughing, joking and have a real good time, in time of bad we are always there for each other to cheer each other up and have a cry on each other sholders. as we are we get our own freedom, space. stuff you dont always get when your "going out".

i'm not saying lower you expections, just stop going for the one liners and get to know the girl first. I dont think me and rach will ever "go out" but I'm happy with that and tbh I prefere her sister anyways.

---

My 3rd post YAY o/ /me does a little dance around the forum

No sex then? :|

I'm always the guy at the bar studying female social habits and those of sucessful men who's picking up the women.

Steve Irwin, is that you?!?

I'm going to hell for that one, right? :twisted:

Probably so. :D But I'm sure that must can agree that us, being geeks/nerds/whatever, study and take mental notes of just about everything.

I'm always the guy at the bar studying female social habits and those of sucessful men who's picking up the women.

Probably so. :D But I'm sure that must can agree that us, being geeks/nerds/whatever, study and take mental notes of just about everything.

Hey, as long as you don't yell "Cricky!" and try to wrestle the ladies to the ground infront of a camera crew, it's all good.

/goingtohellforthatone

Hey, as long as you don't yell "Cricky!" and try to wrestle the ladies to the ground infront of a camera crew, it's all good.

/goingtohellforthatone

Oh yeah you are, start packing your bags now while you still have time.

/waits for gbjazzman to get smited

My $0.02

If you don't like what i have to say, either deal with it, or reply in an intelligent manner with logical couter-arguments. Stupid flames will be ignored.

Always go for the really hot girls.

Me reasoning for this is as follows:

Let's assume t ... The only people who you can expect loyalty from are men and your pet dogs, certainly not women.

I have to disagree. I can see how that can work in the main loop of society. It seems that most "geeks" exist in there own section of society. I see how Garda's view can work with the"popular" people, teh peopl who only exist for sex. "Geeks" do look for loyalty because we are dedicated people.

Advice from NAS :D

"The Makings Of A Perfect Bitch"

[Chorus]

I know you think you got it together player, but fuck the bird you with

And listen close to the makings of a perfect bitch

Listen close to the makings of a perfect bitch

There's always one thing wrong and you wish that you could switch

Or fix, while you shapin' every curve and hips, you heard of this?

The makings of a perfect bitch

[Nas]

A ghoul at night, I role like Jack the Ripper trying to choose my wife

I need a ass of a stripper, fat lipper

Mad niggaz in this one predicament

You try to choose a loyal one and stick with it

My stupid dick again searching for something to jump and then start humpin'

Convincing me that the history of a woman is about leaving a nigga with nothing

So my experiences taught me how to come up with a plan to make a right one for the man

A toy for the boy, the one that righteously will understand

And since I can't find her I guess I gotta make her

I creep in the night like a kinky undertaker

I think I'm on a caper to abduct a nerd from the Ivy League

Next stop at the strip club snatch a bad one and flee

What's next, I'm stakin' out a five star restaurant to kidnap the chef

Say goodbye to the stress

[Chorus]

[Nas]

I stitch 'em together then I kiss 'em forever

These surgical gloves are made of love, couldn't be better

Four cycles of blood, child birth first