Mk3 Internet Sharing

I did not see a topic on this already, nor did I really see this question in any of the other topics. Im am having a problem sharing the internet connections between my fake network from my MK3 and my actual wireless network. When I connect to my fake network from another computer, I can not access the internet. Am I suppose to be turning something other than Karma to get this to work?

Thank You for your help as always.

Did you not read the guide that came in the box?

http://wifipineapple.com/doku.php?id=quick_start_guide

I did, and when I typed in that code, entered all the prompts (kept them at default), and started Karma from the interface, I still could not access the internet from other computers through the MK3

Where I guess that I am confused is this part:

Its default gateway is set as 172.16.42.42.

This means the WiFi Pineapple is looking for an Internet connection from the device with the IP address of 172.16.42.42.

Should I be changing this to my IP address assigned to me by my wireless router?

Edited by MDauer

No.

This means that your computer's ethernet port facing the pineapple needs an ip of 172.16.42.42.

Your computer to real wireless network ip does'nt matter (although do note the gateway for the real wireless network because your pineapple will need that)

Hope this helps

-Grant

No.

This means that your computer's ethernet port facing the pineapple needs an ip of 172.16.42.42.

Your computer to real wireless network ip does'nt matter (although do note the gateway for the real wireless network because your pineapple will need that)

Hope this helps

-Grant

It does make what the settings mean clearer, but I dont think that I have it set up right then but Im not sure where the problem lies.

Currently I have these settings selected for the MK3:

Pineapple Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Pineapple Network: 172.16.42.0/24

Interface between PC and Pineapple: eth0

Interface between PC and Internet: wlan0

Internet Gateway: 192.168.1.1

IP of Host PC: 172.16.42.42

IP of Pineapple: 172.16.42.1

The Settings that I have for my network Interfaces are:

eth0 inet addr: 172.16.42.42

bcast: 172.16.42.255

Mask: 255.255.255.0

wlan0 inet addr: 192.168.1.109

bcast: 192.168.1.255

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Finally the address of my home router is 192.168.1.1

Is there something that I am missing in the settings?

So I think that I found out what was wrong in my situation. For some reason, when I connected to the MK3 my wireless connection would drop and I would have to reconnect. I didnt notice this happening because in the Network manager in BT5 only shows one valid connection at a time, and in my case it just shows the wired connection.

So I think that I found out what was wrong in my situation. For some reason, when I connected to the MK3 my wireless connection would drop and I would have to reconnect. I didnt notice this happening because in the Network manager in BT5 only shows one valid connection at a time, and in my case it just shows the wired connection.

Use the network manager to connect to wifi. ifconfig for your lan

or cli for both :P