Wifi Pinapple Diy ?

Thanks all! Two are now on the way :) ho ho ho

For anyone else who is looking to buy in different countries, or from different suppliers, the size you need is: 5.5mm od 2.1mm id

Seconded. Seems to do a great job and no different from the 12v wart.

Here's a link to the one I purchased from Amazon, $2.99, and it's a very nice fit:

USB Power Cable for AP51 - Amazon

Edited by diggler

• 3 weeks later...

I have about 20 of them that i made and tested, if anyone wants one ill sell them one

Well that sounds interesting - sending one to germany is possible?

I think ur location is important and so the shipping costs...

So please make an offer for one level shifter incl. shipping

thanks & cheers phk

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone compile a list a Hak5 Mk3 features and packages and an equivalent DIY AP51 . I got my AP51 and noticed there is an internal embedded antenna marked ant2 which can be soldered with another RP-SMA connector.

There is room for battery inside AP51 for cellphone battery,2 connected in serial would be enough to power the device

Can anyone compile a list a Hak5 Mk3 features and packages and an equivalent DIY AP51 . I got my AP51 and noticed there is an internal embedded antenna marked ant2 which can be soldered with another RP-SMA connector.

There is room for battery inside AP51 for cellphone battery,2 connected in serial would be enough to power the device

If you install the firmware you can see the features, or SSH to it to figure out what is all installed.

Yes it has a second antenna port, but I doubt the firmware has the logic to pic the best signal depending on which antenna it is. The OpenWRT base may have that built in but I am not sure.

Also if you add cell phone batteries to it, I would give you a word of caution that cell phone batteries get pretty warm. And even stock case the AP51 gets rather warm, hence the fan mod I did in another thread which greatly helped cooling.