Whats more annoying?

VaKo

Whats more annoying?  

72 members have voted

1. 1.

• People who refuse to use basic punctuation & grammer...
    • People who complain about it...

Well, I have to say that both are pretty much a pain in the butt. But everybody has a thing that bothers them.

So in my opinion, why even bring up the point?

If you can't read it, don't even bother with it.

Plus, a thing that bothers me is the whole Google It. “hey, I need help with some software <blah>."

Response: "Here is an Idea, "try google.com before asking a question!"

But still, why even bring up the point right?

(/me walks away and sits in his corner of the room with some tea)

'this post was edited with M$ Word 2003'

vote!

You know. That 'v', Should be capalalized!!!!!!!111one

I dont care about it to much but if you're going to make everything in just one big block then you need to use it

see i'm not useing .'s or ,'s but you can still understand AND read this post without problems

but my eyes just scan over them anyways so it would never bother me, but i'll take small easy to read blocks over punctuation anyday

It's the people who tell other people how to type and stuff on the Internet. Not everyone's first language is English. The Internet isn't an English exam, and people shouldn't tried it as one. This is another example of people being lazy, and not wanting to read something that isn't quite legible at first sight.

The whole "google it" thing is because people are getting too lazy to help others, they think that Google can answer it, rather than them spending time something that they find simple to someone else.

It's the people who tell other people how to type and stuff on the Internet. Not everyone's first language is English. The Internet isn't an English exam, and people shouldn't tried it as one. This is another example of people being lazy, and not wanting to read something that isn't quite legible at first sight.

True but there are some who just type illegible crap when their first language is English are they mentally able... that's just plain annoying.

i iz gunna haxor sum1s bx n i nd 2 get sum progz to hax msn.

I rest my case.

Actually, just to end this one I'll also note that some even seem to go out of their way to spell incorrectly. That's just plain idiotic.

The whole "google it" thing is because people are getting too lazy to help others, they think that Google can answer it, rather than them spending time something that they find simple to someone else.

There are some very lazy people out there though. I really don't mind helping people but sometimes it's evident they haven't even tried to help themselves. Sure, if something's hard to do and there's very little information online or if thaty info is hard to find or understand I love helping someone learn but I don't like helping people who can't be bothered to spend 60 seconds looking for themselves.

i agree with you there. Some people just cant help it (like myself, i know my english is shit, i do try but i just cant help it sometimes). And dont give me that crap about using a spell checker and what not, they dont always work. Knocking someone for something like this when they cant actually help it is the same as knocking someone at how the speack because the have a lisp. 45 10ng 45 7h3y d0n7 741k 1ik3 d15, then i dont see what the problem is. You know whats more annoying then bad grammer/spelling, a poll asking you if you find it annoying :wink:

The part that bothers me are the kids who join the forum, refusing to read the "New members read this first" topic and immediately post asking for help on hacking their school’s database to change grades or cracking their neighbors' wep encryption. If they were to simply read the new members topic, they would know not to do that and save themselves the embarrassment later when the rest of the members tear them apart. Additionally, anything "leet speak" pisses me off, but that's only because I get migraines trying to figure out what they've written.

In terms of grammar and punctuation, I'm an awful speller but I do take the time to read over what I've written and do my best to fix errors. It doesn't bother me if someone else's post is missing a few commas or spelling errors. If I can read it then I don't care.

And yes, I understand that not everyone's first language is English here and that's fine with me. I've seen people who speak English as a second or third languages write better than the people who speak it primarily (including myself).

<My two cents> I believe VaKo created this topic as a way for everyone here to realize the problems occurring with posts by new or inexperienced members and is trying to stop the recent flaming trend before it grows like wildfire. I've noticed it and yes it's a big problem.

</My two cents>

Yes, it's annoying when people post a simple question asking for help before doing their own research but simply responding with a "Google it!" doesn't help the person nor the reputation of this forum. Not everyone knows how to do things on their own, regardless of how simple it is (and many of our new forum members and young teenagers and don't realize the massive amount of information out there for their taking nor how to find it). Instead of shutting them out, we need to help them out. And being nice with doing so.

..... 45 10ng 45 7h3y d0n7 741k 1ik3 d15, ....

is it a bad thing that I understood that when I read it the first time?

I tihnk its even worse when you can type like that with out having to think about it :roll: