Alfa Ap51 - Where To Purchase

Any idea if the PCB includes an antenna? From what I can see from the pictures it doesn't look like it, but I can't find anything in print that says either way. I like the idea of stuffing the PCB into an old digital camera shell or something for a stealth pineapple, but if I'm going to spend 7 or 8 bucks on an antenna I may as well spend the extra 10 bucks and get the ap51 with the case and antenna. Any thoughts?

What are your guys's plans with the PCBs? Just curious - my thought is, since I'm already building a case out of lexan for my raspberrypi, and I plan to use my r-pi to run wireshark for the pineapple, why not combine the two PCBs together into one case?

FYI to those not in the know, Raspberrypi.org is a UK charity setup to provide low cost computers for educational purposes. They also sell them for $25-$35. For a measley 35 bucks you get a 700mhz arm proc, 256MB of ram, 3 usb, eth port, hdmi out, SD card, etc etc etc - amazing bargain and perfect for hacks. Enjoy!

Just contacted Data Alliance and they informed me the PCB does not come with an antenna. Placed my order for the ap51 with case. Can't wait to build my first pineapple! Telot, I like the idea of using the ap51 in tandem with a raspberry. Let me know if it works! If I went the PCB route I'd probably stuff the board into an old camera or something and run the antenna internally for a stealth pineapple.

Just contacted Data Alliance and they informed me the PCB does not come with an antenna. Placed my order for the ap51 with case. Can't wait to build my first pineapple! Telot, I like the idea of using the ap51 in tandem with a raspberry. Let me know if it works! If I went the PCB route I'd probably stuff the board into an old camera or something and run the antenna internally for a stealth pineapple.

Do they have fully assembled raspberry pi available? I only see the unfinished PCB boards? I have a few stealth pineapples but adding Rpi would be awesome!

That Company you posted Protocol is in the same city as me about 15min from my house, i just went and visited them to see how many AP51's they had and i got 2 for free. I wasnt expecting to get any for free but thought it was worth a try after your post.

Edited by Ghostshell

Do they have fully assembled raspberry pi available? I only see the unfinished PCB boards? I have a few stealth pineapples but adding Rpi would be awesome!

Not yet itsm0ld, but they are expecting to ship the fully populated PCB's (they don't come with cases...at least yet) by end of year. I read on the forums that the first run of 100 or so (I could be off on that number...can't remember) might be auctioned off with a limit 1 per customer, to help support their charity. The next run of 10,000 will be the standard $25/$35 price :) I'm crossing my fingers to have them in hand by end of January '12

telot

Not yet itsm0ld, but they are expecting to ship the fully populated PCB's (they don't come with cases...at least yet) by end of year. I read on the forums that the first run of 100 or so (I could be off on that number...can't remember) might be auctioned off with a limit 1 per customer, to help support their charity. The next run of 10,000 will be the standard $25/$35 price :) I'm crossing my fingers to have them in hand by end of January '12

telot

Yea that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the boat! I cant wait to play with one, barry what kind did you get?

Yea that's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the boat! I cant wait to play with one, barry what kind did you get?

Whoops, sorry, got the ap51's. Didn't notice the raspberry pi conversation start... :D

Side note, I got the wifipineapple to almost work with my atrix on a lapdock. Haven't figured out the network redirect yet, but it's probably something I haven't configured correctly yet. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

is the Alfa R36 available on amazon different from AP51?

Hello everyone! New here!

Anyway, anyone tried to compile and install on an Alfa R36? I've a few and it would be nice to know if it's compatible and/or anyone has tips about that.

Thanks.

is the Alfa R36 available on amazon different from AP51?

Yes it's a little bit different, I like R36 because it includes a USB port that could be really good for some 3G connection and streaming the data gathered directly to a remote server...

Have a nice day!

(PS: Admin, you can join my last two posts... I forgot this part.)