Linux Mint Help

habitantlagrotte

Okay so i decided i would dual boot Linux Mint 11 and Windows 7. I used the installer in Mint while booting it off a usb. I chose the option to create a partition and did making sure it was separate from Windows. The install went fine and Mint works great. The problem is that i am now unable to change back to windows. I still have it on the computer because the BIOS acknowledges it as the OS. Does anyone have any idea how i am able to get back on to Windows because i had a very important paper that wont open in Mint.

Okay so i decided i would dual boot Linux Mint 11 and Windows 7. I used the installer in Mint while booting it off a usb. I chose the option to create a partition and did making sure it was separate from Windows. The install went fine and Mint works great. The problem is that i am now unable to change back to windows. I still have it on the computer because the BIOS acknowledges it as the OS. Does anyone have any idea how i am able to get back on to Windows because i had a very important paper that wont open in Mint.

First do you have a backup of everything.Because if not you could lose some stuff.

It sounds like it could be your master boot record (MBR) needs to be repaired.But if you need the paper from your windows install you could burn a disc or a usb flash drive of linux boot it up and mount the linux/windows dual boot hard drive to the boot up disc or flash drive and pull off the paper or other stuff before repair your MBR.You will need the windows disc to use the bootrec.exe that is on the windows 7 repair disc.