other games on steam

DarkSantaClaus

anyone who plays source or hl1 games knows steam. steam is a program made by VALVe to distribute and update their games, and replaced the WON system.

I am wondering if there is a way to put games thats not made for steam in the "My Games" list. I don't care if I put the games in the steam directory or put a shortcut in the menu, or hack the steam code.

I just want to be able to start all my games in my steam list.

is this possible

I see it as been posible, but you would probably have to write a Half Life mod (in C) for every game, so when you launch half life, the half life mod starts that paticulare game. Also, in my view, leaving steam running all the time is a privacy risk, who knows where there software is doing while it's running...

I see it as been posible, but you would probably have to write a Half Life mod (in C) for every game, so when you launch half life, the half life mod starts that paticulare game. Also, in my view, leaving steam running all the time is a privacy risk, who knows where there software is doing while it's running...

I'm sure someone has already packet sniffed Steam, and being there is no public announcement screaming that Valve is doing something dodgy, that it is safe to leave Steam running 24/7.

I assume steam uses something a bit like a sophisticated boot loader to launch its games. If you add a file somewhere pr edit a config file, you *might* be able to get your other games to show up.

Heres a better solution. Make a flash app that looks like the steam launcher, and launch everything from there. I could probably make one for you if you wanted

I'm sure someone has already packet sniffed Steam, and being there is no public announcement screaming that Valve is doing something dodgy, that it is safe to leave Steam running 24/7.

[...] and then, Gabe Newell, great overlord of Valve said: "It will be on the 8th day when the great update will come upon millions of you and thy Steam will crave all ze resources on all thy computers all over ze world!"

Believe me.. They ARE evil!