Mark3 Just Received Is Not Working

I am having some issues getting karma to work on my mark 3.

I have tried resetting it but I still does not recognize and start responding from my probes. I dont get any error messages.

Is there a log where I can get more information on what is going on?

The Mrk3 is completely stock and I just received it from the hak-Shop today.

I am having some issues getting karma to work on my mark 3.

I have tried resetting it but I still does not recognize and start responding from my probes. I dont get any error messages.

Is there a log where I can get more information on what is going on?

The Mrk3 is completely stock and I just received it from the hak-Shop today.

Did you change any settings at all?

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=22574

Try this:

Browse to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple, start the MK3 Karma service then go to the Advanced page.

In the text field at the bottom enter "grep KARMA /tmp/karma.log" (without quotes) and click Execute Commands

Your results should begin with KARMA: Enabled followed by associations. If not try executing "grep -v -e randomness /tmp/karma.log" and looking for errors, ignoring the first few lines about Failing to set interface modes or Device or resource busy.

Another thing I just realized is that depending on what browser you're using the status page may not be updating correctly if you haven't cleared your cache. A simple way to test is to open the status page in a Chrome Incognito window and compare the results to your other browser.

Tried to write it as simple as possible. Hope this helps anyone else experiencing similar results.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it at home. over 1/2 dozen laptops sitting around. even took it out and about on a walk and never got any other ssids other than internet and pineapple (the 2 internal ssids)

I am having the same issue here. I am using sebs om1p build on my om1p. 2 android phones a winblows xp/7 dual boot and my ubuntu netbook nothing connects i have plenty of open networks saved all set to connect in range etc.

i've done everything in this post and grepped the logs nono errors or anything out that might indicate something :( any ideas?

I am having the same issue here. I am using sebs om1p build on my om1p. 2 android phones a winblows xp/7 dual boot and my ubuntu netbook nothing connects i have plenty of open networks saved all set to connect in range etc.

i've done everything in this post and grepped the logs nono errors or anything out that might indicate something :( any ideas?

This seems very strange. My OM1P has 1.9 running and works beautifully. Did you test Karma like Darren suggested?

Remember, there are cases in which devices will not associate with the pineapple. For example, if my laptop is connected to my home network, it will not go ahead and get sucked into the pineapple.

However, you CAN deauth clients from an IP or deauth everyone from an AP. That way everyone gets kicked off and their computers look for familiar networks. This is when karma does it's job ;)

Give this a shot. If it does not work, re-flash 1.9 please.

Best,

Sebkinne

Edited by Sebkinne

This seems very strange. My OM1P has 1.9 running and works beautifully. Did you test Karma like Darren suggested?

Remember, there are cases in which devices will not associate with the pineapple. For example, if my laptop is connected to my home network, it will not go ahead and get sucked into the pineapple.

However, you CAN deauth clients from an IP or deauth everyone from an AP. That way everyone gets kicked off and their computers look for familiar networks. This is when karma does it's job ;)

Give this a shot. If it does not work, re-flash 1.9 please.

Best,

Sebkinne

yes I've done the test Darren suggests. Ive got 2 aps set up now. They are a crappy belkin thing and a netgear router. They are set up as open auth no encryption. Connected to them is my android phone and a xp laptop, no other wifi networks are remembered or stored on them.

If the pineapple would work then when i turn off the APS then then android and laptop would connect.

I will flash with 1.9 tonight will use the Redboot method, as i used Freifunk EasyFlash the first time round.

Will let you know how it goes. I missed anything?

wookey

Edited by wookey

No no no no. The redboot method is only for really Myself and Sebkinne who installed microredboot during early dev stages. Stick to the normal flashing method.

Are you currently on the 1.9 firmware? Try using a laptop in your tests as well.

is the redboot method not the way described over on Digininja's site? Thought microredboot is separate again.

so should i use easyflash or http://www.digininja.org/jasager/installation.php ?

cheers thanks for the fast reply I just dont want to end up bricked!

ok reflashed it with your tool. this time after it came up i ssh'd onto it and reset the passwd then reboot it.

its better than what it was. using my setup (as above) karma still doesnt work unless in the wireless prefs i tick the option "connect even if this network is not broadcasting"

its an improvement than what it was in that before even ticking the box it wouldnt work.

Is there anything i can do to fix this or this known feature of xp?

thanks

ok reflashed it with your tool. this time after it came up i ssh'd onto it and reset the passwd then reboot it.

its better than what it was. using my setup (as above) karma still doesnt work unless in the wireless prefs i tick the option "connect even if this network is not broadcasting"

its an improvement than what it was in that before even ticking the box it wouldnt work.

Is there anything i can do to fix this or this known feature of xp?

thanks

If you uncheck that "connect even if this network is not broadcasting" and say reboot or disable the interface and re-enable it should turn on and start probing out to find access points. Try that.

If you uncheck that "connect even if this network is not broadcasting" and say reboot or disable the interface and re-enable it should turn on and start probing out to find access points. Try that.

ok just got the afternoon free to play again. I just cannot get it to work and really stuck now. I've unchecked the box. My xp laptop, and android phones do not see any of the open wifi AP's i have previously been connected to.

Its a fresh install on my om1p flashed via ap51-flash-fonera from your sig and over a crossover on xp laptop. all devices can see the internet ssid. Ive followed Darrens trouble shoot and karma is enabled according to the logs with no errors anywhere else.

any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

wookey